• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greg Chappell in line to coach the West Indies

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:
Has anyone else noticed that Bennett King has a West Indian sounding name?
Probably because two of the better young bowlers in regional cricket over the past decade are Reon King and Jason Bennett. I'm almost certain you've never heard of the latter though, which negates my point somewhat. :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Probably because two of the better young bowlers in regional cricket over the past decade are Reon King and Jason Bennett. I'm almost certain you've never heard of the latter though, which negates my point somewhat. :p

It is more to do with his first name than his last name. I am intrigued by West Indian Christian names. Mervon, Ramaresh , Courtney, Curtly and Shivnarine(apologies if I have spelt some incorrectly). Bennett is not a usual first name in Australia, that was all.

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
How do you rate Jason Bennett's chances of playing for the West Indies in the next year or two?

I can't wait to see Fidel Edwards at The WACA this summer.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
How do you rate Jason Bennett's chances of playing for the West Indies in the next year or two?

I can't wait to see Fidel Edwards at The WACA this summer.
Bennett is a big talent. If he stays fit and gets the guidance he needs, he could be a big find at Test level.

You're assuming that Edwards will be in the squad. He's not exactly a regular ODI player.

Craig

World Traveller
Well IMO he should, with that pace he has got he could be a good strike bowler in both forms of the game. Maybe they are doing it because a) they don't rate him in ODIs; or b) They want to rest him?

It would be great to see him and Shoaib and Edwards going flat out at The WACA - very exciting.