• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should India play 3 spinners and Australia 2

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
Because it's not just the overall picture that counts - Pathan's more recent games have produced figures that should keep any bowler in the side.
I won't be too surprised if the average goes up after this game, either, but the fact is it'll only begin to reverse the trend of the last 3 games.
Agreed. But I hope his batting average goes up- the team can benefit a great deal, since of the bottom five, he is the best batsman. His batting basics are good, and he does the simple things right.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Arjun said:
How can someone who averages less than 5 wickets a match and 38 runs a wicket stay in a Test team?
Because he's Indian, and compared to the rest of the quicks, that's good.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Arjun said:
Agreed. But I hope his batting average goes up- the team can benefit a great deal, since of the bottom five, he is the best batsman.
Hmm, Patel average 33 in Tests and 32 in FC is worse than Pathan is he?