Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbabwe v England ODI series

Zimbabwe v England ODI series

Anyone else a bit worried that England will manage to lose at least 1 of the 5 ODIs and do more harm than good as far the Mugabe situation goes?

England without Flintoff & Harmison will be a lot weaker and they usually throw in an awful game/spell in most ODI series.

PS out of the last 20 most recent threads 19 of the last posts were from Richard at 2:50pm BST, could we hear from someone else from a change?

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Just do what the rest of us do and ignore him

Pakistan on current form will probably lose beforehand anyway - it's quite possible we'll lose a game, but this lot are very, very bad and our side will be hungry to impress. Can't see it.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacly piscine
    out of the last 20 most recent threads 19 of the last posts were from Richard at 2:50pm BST, could we hear from someone else from a change?
    Yes - you, here.
    As Neil says - you don't like it, don't bother yourself with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    Pakistan on current form will probably lose beforehand anyway
    Good job they're not playing them again, then, isn't it? I had a horrible feeling they were going to lose that last Paktel Cup game. Can't see Sri Lanka losing to them, so I doubt Pakistan are going to play them again.
    Anyone who loses to Zimbabwe is inviting ridicule.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

They're bad but England without Flintoff & Harmison has a rather plodding look to it on the bowling front at least (Gough, Wharf, Giles etc. can just see the Zimbabwe team shaking in their boots at that lot). Even against Zimbabwe's awful back-up bowlers I don't want England consistently having to score around 250 to win and England are still dodgy when batting first.

England to win all five, although a couple of them might come rather unconvincingly...

Taibu to be the all-rounder for the series, since Flintoff (Read GOD) isn't going
    "The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

Pinball Champion!
    Its such an abysmal situation, teams are obviously going to not bother with their front men, especially if they express doubts like Harmison.. So Zimbabwe aren't even playing proper international cricket, nor are the boneheads who have to play them...
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudeep
    England to win all five, although a couple of them might come rather unconvincingly...

Taibu to be the all-rounder for the series, since Flintoff (Read GOD) isn't going
    Taibu to be the GOD (read one eyed individual amongst the totally blind) for the series , since Flintoff (read England's latest God) isn't going

Quote Originally Posted by Sudeep

I'm backing Prosper and Elton, myself!
    (No, I don't really think that much of Elton's bowling)

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    They're bad but England without Flintoff & Harmison has a rather plodding look to it on the bowling front at least (Gough, Wharf, Giles etc. can just see the Zimbabwe team shaking in their boots at that lot). Even against Zimbabwe's awful back-up bowlers I don't want England consistently having to score around 250 to win and England are still dodgy when batting first.
    Gough, Wharf and Giles will, mark my words, be more than enough for Zimbabwe's excuse for a ODI-class batting-line-up.
    And Zimbabwe's back-up bowlers are far better than their front-liners - Hondo, Panyangara and Chigumbura are all appalling, 300 is a far-more-likely-than-not, even without Trescothick. Zimbabwe's one good bowler is Prosper Utseya, a fingerspinner.
    You really do seem to have a rather inflated opinion of Zimbabwe if you think they can cause even a County Select XI (which this basically is) many problems.

I knew I shouldn't have bothered to 'view' the last post, Utseya who averages 220 with the ball being their one good bowler... Hondo and Panyangara who've taken 5 wickets between them in each of the last 2 matches are appalling (I'd say they were of Gough/Wharf standard personally). The back-up bowlers after Utseya are basically batsmen who turn their arm over - ie cannon fodder or awful as I said.

Pinball Champion!
    They only have a couple of players with any potential, let alone international ability..

Ill put my neck on the line and say the only players worth bothering about at all are Vermeulen, Chigumbera, Taibu and Taylor..

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Matsikenyeri certainly has the talent to succeed. Whether he does or not we shall see.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Matsikenyeri certainly has the talent to succeed. Whether he does or not we shall see.
    I didnt like the look of his technique at all against England last year, batted well though
    .. Hope I get proved wrong

Another one with talent is Hamilton Masakadza.. I guess he is still in the UCT though..

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    I knew I shouldn't have bothered to 'view' the last post
    There's a surprise, more sarcastic crap. This one's worse than that raju idiot.
    Utseya who averages 220 with the ball being their one good bowler...
    Yes, because if you knew a thing about one-day cricket you'd realise that you can have as high an average as you want if your economy-rate is good, and Prosper's is - far, far, far better than anyone else within sight of the team since Streak.
    Hondo and Panyangara who've taken 5 wickets between them in each of the last 2 matches are appalling (I'd say they were of Gough/Wharf standard personally).
    What a ludicrous statement. Wow, two good matches - lets see how good they are once they start going for 6-an-over and getting maybe a wicket every 15 overs or so.
    Whaf's not very good, but let me assure you - he's better than Panyangara.
    The back-up bowlers after Utseya are basically batsmen who turn their arm over - ie cannon fodder or awful as I said.
    And? I commented on them when?

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    They only have a couple of players with any potential, let alone international ability..

Ill put my neck on the line and say the only players worth bothering about at all are Vermeulen, Chigumbera, Taibu and Taylor..
    As Liam says, Masikenyeri certainly has something more than some of the rest, and I'm personally not at all sure about either Taylor or Vermeulen.
    I do like Utseya as a one-day bowler, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information