• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is showing India v Australia on UK tv?

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
See thread below re Australia v India on Satellite TV (US).

Sony TV (a subscription channel available via Sky Digital and possibly elsewhere) may be showing it and, if so, may offer a 1 or 2 month package (likely to cost £20 or £30 approx) rather than requiring a 12-month subscription.

If you've got Sony TV via Sky Digital (it's channel 802 or something similar) press info for the phone number and give them a ring to find out the latest.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Daym, I was hoping it was going to be on Sky Sports.
Annoying, isn't it, especially as Sky are going to show Australia v New Zealand - a far less appealing series in my view.

As mentioned in the other thread, they did pick up rights to Pakistan-India at the last minute, but it seems unlikely this time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think they picked them up there about a week before the First ODI - pushing it a bit to hope for them to grab them a day and a half before the First Test here! :) :(
They always show all Australian home series - they've got some contract with C9 - but aside from that (and the England games, obviously) it's a bit of a lottery what they show. Though they usually show home West Indies series.

Sehwag309

Banned
I am in US but others who are constantly in touch with SONY say that they are just waiting for the supreme court decision.

It seems supereme court has told Zee to lay off for a bit and money matters will be settled later.

So as of now, DD has India rights, Sony has int'l distribution rights, Ten sports to provide the feed.

I think SONY will do it in UK, we are stranded here in North America, coz the sat company most likely won't let SONY in US show cricket, or ask $200 for Pay-Per-View

..really really frustrating...it sucks

littlemaster

Cricket Spectator
So does that mean that Dish Network will show it on pay per view or nobody is showing the matches here in North America?

Sehwag309

Banned
littlemaster said:
So does that mean that Dish Network will show it on pay per view or nobody is showing the matches here in North America?
My guess is good as urs

No clue?, Keep checking this page http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/ppv/sports_events/cricket/index.shtml

May not show up there, seen matches poping at the last minute without prior advertisement, forward yuor electronic program guide of the reciever to 12am 6 OCT

Cross your fingers, seek divine help :sleep:

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
NavUK said:
Tick tock tick tock......time is running out
I've just phoned Sony (08700 7669 248). Still waiting for confirmation - they're open until 11pm tonight.

Sehwag's post sounds encouraging though.

NavUK

Cricket Spectator
garage flower said:
I've just phoned Sony (08700 7669 248). Still waiting for confirmation - they're open until 11pm tonight.

Sehwag's post sounds encouraging though.
You'd think theyd want it sown up early today so people can subscribe....come on for Gods sake!

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
NavUK said:
Any news?
Just for you, NavUK, I've tried them again and they're "currently experiencing a high volume of calls, so please try again later".

As you mention above, you'd assume they'd want to give themselves time to get a decent number of subscriptions, but as far as I know the court case is still open so I guess they're still not in a position to confirm.

NavUK

Cricket Spectator
garage flower said:
Just for you, NavUK, I've tried them again and they're "currently experiencing a high volume of calls, so please try again later".

As you mention above, you'd assume they'd want to give themselves time to get a decent number of subscriptions, but as far as I know the court case is still open so I guess they're still not in a position to confirm.
Cheers mate, have done the same and cant get through!! This is excruciating!! I have to know if i can see it!!

Sehwag309

Banned
SONY isn't showing it, SKY isn't showing it

Some Setanta is showing it for UK

Copy/Paste from Another Forum

Author: _lina
Date: 05-10-04 13:38

just spoke to the the people at setanta in haymarket London. (0207)930 8926

the ppv is £15 per match

Or book 6 matches (4 Ind-Aus, + 2 Ind-SA) for £60. They are not going to interfere with broadcasts - they will stream them as they get it from the producers in India.

You can book individual games usingthe sky remote as in Box office.

For all six games you need to call 08708 500 005

the call centre doesnot have details as yet - but will have it soon.

i would say not a bad deal if they will not have Ads in between like ARY or Sony!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Keep trying people... I wonder what the calls are about?

You'd think they'd stick a recorded message on...

NavUK

Cricket Spectator
Sehwag309 said:
SONY isn't showing it, SKY isn't showing it

Some Setanta is showing it for UK

Copy/Paste from Another Forum

Author: _lina
Date: 05-10-04 13:38

just spoke to the the people at setanta in haymarket London. (0207)930 8926

the ppv is £15 per match

Or book 6 matches (4 Ind-Aus, + 2 Ind-SA) for £60. They are not going to interfere with broadcasts - they will stream them as they get it from the producers in India.

You can book individual games usingthe sky remote as in Box office.

For all six games you need to call 08708 500 005

the call centre doesnot have details as yet - but will have it soon.

i would say not a bad deal if they will not have Ads in between like ARY or Sony!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Can't find any confirmation online or on the TeleWest TV Guide... and they've never covered Cricket before...

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Can't find any confirmation online or on the TeleWest TV Guide... and they've never covered Cricket before...
Sehwag's on the money I think, Neil. Sony have just told me that Setanta are showing it (channel 435 on Sky Digital, I think). From memory, I think they screened New Zealand v Pakistan earlier in the year.