• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If i was an indian selector........................

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
1.Sarim
2 Jahdav
3 Dravid (c)
4 Sachin
5 Sehwag
6 Laxman (vc)
7 Patel
8 Pathan
9 Singh (Harbs)
10 Kumble
12 Kahn

Lets see yours

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
krishneelz said:
1.Sarim
2 Jahdav
3 Dravid (c)
4 Sachin
5 Sehwag
6 Laxman (vc)
7 Patel
8 Pathan
9 Singh (Harbs)
10 Kumble
12 Kahn

Lets see yours
If you were an Indian selector, you wouldnt be allowed to include Sarim and Kahn since they dont play first class cricket in India, these two !

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
Ok lets try again

1 DS Jadhav
2 Sriram
3 Dravid (c)
4 Sachin
5 Sehwag
6 Laxman (vc)
7 Patel
8 Pathan
9 Singh (Harbs)
10 Kumble
12 Khan

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
krishneelz said:
Ok lets try again

1 DS Jadhav
2 Sriram
3 Dravid (c)
4 Sachin
5 Sehwag
6 Laxman (vc)
7 Patel
8 Pathan
9 Singh (Harbs)
10 Kumble
12 Khan
Good Show Krish

Comments
- Its too early for Jadhav.
- Its too risky to have two debutant openers
- It is unfair to change captain after Ganguly's record in tests of late
- AND its not common to have a ten member team and a twelfth man :D

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
ok lets have another go
1 DS Jadhav
2 Sriram
3 Dravid (c)
4 Sachin
5 Sehwag
6 Laxman (vc)
7 Patel
8 Pathan
9 Singh (Harbs)
10 Kumble
11 Khan

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
SJS said:
Good Show Krish

Comments
- Its too early for Jadhav.
- Its too risky to have two debutant openers
- It is unfair to change captain after Ganguly's record in tests of late
- AND its not common to have a ten member team and a twelfth man :D
Too early for jadhav..... wasent it too early for tendulkar at 16 against the paks apparently not

Too risky to have two debutant openers...... 1) Sehwag would be suited down the order 2) This could be a long term solution for india's troubled problems with openers 3) Why cant we be a little courageous 4) This is my opinion 5) I am a pak

It is unfair to change captain after Ganguly's record in tests of late..... Ganguly's batting recently is below par and i feel dravid is a adequite replacement as captain

- AND its not common to have a ten member team and a twelfth man......
I am a dumbass and i have corrected the ****en problem

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Here's mine.

Sehwag, Parthiv Patel, Dravid, Sachin, Laxman, Ganguly, Agarkar, Pathan, Kumble, Harbhajan, Nehra

I think we have a problem in the opening anyway. I would risk Parthiv on Indian conditions (not a great long term alternative, yet) and get another bowler in.

I think Agarkar will average about 10 runs less than a batsman we may have but we need another bowler more and need to attack.

I think Zaheer is not bowling well and Nehra should stay in the side.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
krishneelz said:
Too early for jadhav..... wasent it too early for tendulkar at 16 against the paks apparently not
If you feel Jadhav shows anything like the promise Sachin showed at 16.

I a rest my case.

You win :D

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
good work sjs but when do u think the likes of DS Jadhav, Sriram, Salvi, Rao, and mirsha should be introduced at test level

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
krishneelz said:
good work sjs but when do u think the likes of DS Jadhav, Sriram, Salvi, Rao, and mirsha should be introduced at test level
I think they must be taken on an overseas tour and given a feel of the international flavour, the feel of the dressing room, the rubbing of shoulders with the big names and generally being broken in so as to make their entry easier on themselves.

Its clear that there is talent available but just as one cant go by the scores in the depleted domestic circuit, one cant also drop boys if they fail to perform early in their careers. If someone is considered good enough to be in a touring side, he must earn that place both by performance and by potential (overall game, true potential, temprament etc) . Having earned that place, he must be percevered with.

Unfortunately this is not happening in India.

It is easy, at times and for some, to get into the side

AND it is even easier to be dropped from sight !!

The Australian system is better. Its not easy to get into the side. But once you do make, you are a fixture either in the team or on the bench for a very long period. This is why India and Pakistan show more young talent compared to long term team performance.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
krishneelz said:
No, but it was too early for most teenagers who have been catapulted into Test-cricket. For every teenager who's gone on to have success, there are maybe 25 or 30 who've disappeared.
Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan strategy of picking teenager after teenager for Test-cricket is so baffling I've long given-up deriding it.
This could be a long term solution for india's troubled problems with openers
So could many other openers.
"Could" is no good!

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
krishneelz said:
but could could be good
What could be the probability that could could be good ? :p

Could be that could could be good but then could be that could could not be good. Could one take a chance that could could more likely be good than could could not be good ? :p :p