• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would you play a 60% Tendulkar

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
The fact of the matter is tendulkar will never be fully fit for the first or even the second test. Further more he lacks match practise. Even tho these points are put ahead the selectors have chosen tedulkar in the 15 man squad for the first two tests. Most probably he wont play in the first test but if he is 60% fit would you pick sachin?

Pesronally i felt sarim, rao, and maybe jadhav(with jadhav opening and sehwag shuffled down the order) would nicely fit in if sachin was not ready but the selectors continue to suprise me by selecting kaif although yuvrajs selection can be justified. So the question is if you would not play tendulkar who would u play?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
krishneelz said:
So the question is if you would not play tendulkar who would u play?
Chopra
Sehwag
Dravid
Laxman
Ganguly
Yuvraj
Parthiv Patel
PLUS four bowlers

12th man Kaif

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
I would play Kaif in the middle order rather than Yuvraj..
Yes. Thats not bad too.

It sounds as if you are saying it BECAUSE its the middle order and if it was at the top of the order (read opening), you think Yuvraj fits there ?

Deja moo

International Captain
No, what I meant was that I would play Kaif in the middle order alongwith Chopra opening...IMO Yuvraj might still turn out well , but at the moment , I feel Kaif is more dependable than Yuvraj .

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
No, what I meant was that I would play Kaif in the middle order alongwith Chopra opening...IMO Yuvraj might still turn out well , but at the moment , I feel Kaif is more dependable than Yuvraj .
I agree with that.

Yuvraj has a better smile though :D

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
If he was 60% fit and only gave you 60% of his average, that would be 34 runs. I wouldn't take that.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
^ not that again :b
If u say so :)

Seriously. Kaif has better temprament than Yuvraj and should be a long term replacement for Laxman.

Lookout. Here come the bricks . :-O

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Casson said:
If he was 60% fit and only gave you 60% of his average, that would be 34 runs. I wouldn't take that.
Even if that bit of calculation added upto twice that I wouldnt risk aggravating that injury.

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
why are u talken about a long term replacement fo laxman when ganguly and sachin is older than him. I think hes 28 so 8 more years left for laxman in a perfect world

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
krishneelz said:
why are u talken about a long term replacement fo laxman when ganguly and sachin is older than him. I think hes 28 so 8 more years left for laxman in a perfect world
Good point. I thought of that as I was posting.

I think it is because in our subconscience we do not think of Kaif as a likely successor (size of boots) Sachin or Dravid. But you are right about Saurav though.

Somehow, there is this funny apprehension that Laxman wont last longer than the others. Totally baseless..I concede.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
krishneelz said:
personally laxman is my fav player cuz that dude has styles. I hope the selectors dont discard him
I hope so too.

There isnt a better sight in cricket than VVS in full flow.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I would never remotely consider picking someone who's so clearly unfit as Tendulkar.
No matter how much it might help in the short-term, if you knock 4 years off Tendulkar's career that's a catastrophe far more wide-ranging than losing this next series.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I wouldnt play him in this situation.

I am no medical expert but I dont think there is any risk of taking years off his carear through agravation of tennis elbow.

I just dont think he'd be up to a test match atm , he hasnt been able to move his elbow in 6 weeks , consequently there was a muscle loss and his technique may be affected.

Plus there is the issue with match-fitness and form , Id imagine he'd be quite severely effected in the field aswell , with diving and throwing being a bit of a pain.

I know having Tendulkar around lifts the team and he brings an air of confidence to the dressing room , which could be all the difference in this series , but I just feel he'd be a bit of a passenger if he were to play in his current state and the Australians would manage to exploit him , denting his personal confidence and the team morale.

Sudeep

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
Consider his average against the Aussies at Bangalore, which is where the first Test will be played, and the 60% of it'd be 62.4, and I'd take that any day. :p

For that matter, consider 60% of his average against the Aussies at Chennai, the venue for the second Test, and it'd be 60.396. Acceptable, isn't it? :p

Stats. 8-)

Sudeep

International Captain
Sudeep said:
Consider his average against the Aussies at Bangalore, which is where the first Test will be played, and the 60% of it'd be 62.4, and I'd take that any day. :p

For that matter, consider 60% of his average against the Aussies at Chennai, the venue for the second Test, and it'd be 60.396. Acceptable, isn't it? :p

Stats. 8-)
Having said that, I agree - he shouldn't play if he's 60% fit, and in risk of aggravating the injury...