• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would you play a 60% Tendulkar

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
SJS said:
Hi Richard (and Extracool),

Read this even though its long !!

I am equally guilty of posting long ones at times (pretty often actually) and I understand that sometimes one feels 'compelled' to use four paragraphs where a couple of sentences would do. I have had people send me e mails saying you put across good points but please make it short :D . So clearly this isnt criticism for the sake of it.

I too admire many points that both of you make but still its now prety long since I read posts of the two of you. Let me tell you why.

PLEASE NOTE THE WORDS IN BOLD TYPE

1. I think you people 'appear' to be getting personal in the sense you feel somehow obliged to respond and the response is always negative. Its as if agreeing would somehow diminish your own status as a critic.

2. You appear to get into semantics and words and sentences and often miss the contents or lose sight of them. Hence Quoting five/six sentences from the same post in a response and responding to each of them separately. Thus the response is not really to the overall gist/drift of a post, if you see what I am saying.

3. There does seem to be a have-to-have-the-last-word syndrome. This makes the response and counter response appear endless and irritating to others though I am sure the two of you find it pretty stimulating (kidding).

4. Its not always a question of keeping a thread alive. I think your arguments can sometimes 'kill' the thread for others.

5. There seems no stage at which one of you will realise that your argument is getting nowhere or that the other is not likely to come round to your point of view at which stage the debate should be given up, dont you think ?
If a discussion seems to be heading nowhere than to continue it is like talking to yourself, isnt it ? That is not the best thing to do, least of all in a public forum. Isnt it better to say you win or I rest my case and get out with a smile on the post (and on your face) rather than leave frowns or not-again-smiles on the faces of co-posters.

I repeat this is just an observation from someone who would genuinly like to be able to read the posts of you two and respond sometimes at least. Believe me today I dont and rarely ,if ever, get into a discussion with you guys. The loss is mine, I concede.

Regards

PS Posted here to catch your attention :D
i just wanted to quote such a high quality post

keep it up

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, no chance of that - already, the person it was addessed to has read it thoroughly.