• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia in India 2004 on Satellite TV (US)

masterblaster10

Cricket Spectator
Australia in India 2004 on Satellite TV (USA/Canada)

Does anyone know if these matches would be on satellite TV for viewers in North America (US specifically)?

I do know that the rights to telecast went to SET India (Sony Entertainment Television). What I/we don't know is, if they are going to be providing coverage in North America.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Dish Network is not going to be telecasting this series as of now. Zee TV usa, I am sure would have telecasted it if Zee TV won the coverage rights battle but that wasn't to be. And I doubt SET is covering it. So us North Americans may get no coverage at all

Sehwag309

Banned
I have seen Dish poping up with cricket matches just hrs before the start with no prior advertisement

Sony has the distribution rights and I am almost certain that Dish will show it, just keep checking their PPV webpage

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Any idea whether coverage will be available in the Uk?

I'd heard that Sony TV would be showing it (available through Sky Digital), but according to Cricinfo Sony will only be marketing the series and Doordarshan are televising it.

I'll be giving Sony TV a ring after work tonight, but wondered whether anyone here was in the know.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
garage flower said:
Any idea whether coverage will be available in the Uk?

I'd heard that Sony TV would be showing it (available through Sky Digital), but according to Cricinfo Sony will only be marketing the series and Doordarshan are televising it.

I'll be giving Sony TV a ring after work tonight, but wondered whether anyone here was in the know.
I've been checking every guide I can find religiously of late (http://www.mydigiguide.com is pretty damn good) - and I've found nothing at all. I'm hoping it's going to be on Sky Sports, as that way I won't have to pay extra, but if it's on SETA I'll pay anyway...

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
I've been checking every guide I can find religiously of late (http://www.mydigiguide.com is pretty damn good) - and I've found nothing at all. I'm hoping it's going to be on Sky Sports, as that way I won't have to pay extra, but if it's on SETA I'll pay anyway...
I phoned Sony TV last week and they were expecting imminent confirmation from Head Office that they would be showing the series (probable price £20 or £30 depending on whether it's offered as a 1 or 2 month package).

Like you, I wanted to wait until the last minute to see whether Sky would pick it up (as they did with Pakistan-India), but as you say it still doesn't appear on any of the schedules. I'll have to give Sony a bell later.

masterblaster10

Cricket Spectator
Please contact Sony TV for US coverage. If they hear from you and your friends they just might telecast.

Sony Entertainment Television Asia
550 Madison Avenue
New York NY 10022
USA
Tel: +1 212-833-7834 / +1 212-833-7450
Fax: +1 212-833-7862

Mail: viewer_infoUSA@spe.sony.com

littlemaster

Cricket Spectator
Still no word about coverage in North America, I can't believe that this is the most anticipated series of the year and yet the PAKTEL cup (meaningless) is being shown and nothing is being done to cover this years biggest series.

Sehwag309

Banned
littlemaster said:
Still no word about coverage in North America, I can't believe that this is the most anticipated series of the year and yet the PAKTEL cup (meaningless) is being shown and nothing is being done to cover this years biggest series.
Coz they can be bought cheap, India games are cash cow, thus the beefed up pricing

Sehwag309

Banned
NavUK said:
I read that in North America the series will be shown live on Fox. Hold on, let me find the link

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/OCT/060305_AAP_01OCT2004.html

Now, if that is true, it just leaves us in England wondering if we'll see it!! Someone help me find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whos showing it???????????????????????????????????????
It says Australia...Fox Sports might show cricket in US, hmm something like in 50 years or so

Offcourse they had the settle with Fox sports 1st to show it in Aus coz they said no TV coverage, no series

NavUK

Cricket Spectator
Oh yeh, you may be right, sorry my mistake whilst trawling through webpage after webpage to find out any info!!! Yeh was kinda wondering what Fox were doing showing it....Sorry guys.... guess we ALL still in limbo then!

Sehwag309

Banned
NavUK said:
Oh yeh, you may be right, sorry my mistake whilst trawling through webpage after webpage to find out any info!!! Yeh was kinda wondering what Fox were doing showing it....Sorry guys.... guess we ALL still in limbo then!
Infact, nobody has it...imagine that, Middle-East, Europe, NA, FarEast

So if 1 gets it, we shall know that others will follow..and I beleive UK will be the 1st

Infact the VP of Dishnetwork is himself a cricket buff so I m sure they know everything, but just working out the pricing and negotiation stuff, worst thing would be that we would miss the 1st test

NavUK

Cricket Spectator
Yeh thats true....nice sig with Sehwag's shot, where did you get that? I wouldnt mind showing my friend that as he hates Sehwag - my favourite player also!