Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57

Thread: Australia in India 2004 on Satellite TV (US)

  1. #1
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    30

    Australia in India 2004 on Satellite TV (USA/Canada)

    Does anyone know if these matches would be on satellite TV for viewers in North America (US specifically)?

    I do know that the rights to telecast went to SET India (Sony Entertainment Television). What I/we don't know is, if they are going to be providing coverage in North America.

    Any information would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by masterblaster10; 03-10-2004 at 11:16 PM. Reason: more explanation

  2. #2
    Banned ReallyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,202
    Dish Network is not going to be telecasting this series as of now. Zee TV usa, I am sure would have telecasted it if Zee TV won the coverage rights battle but that wasn't to be. And I doubt SET is covering it. So us North Americans may get no coverage at all

  3. #3
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    $hit
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Pali Hill-Bombay
    Posts
    2,535
    I have seen Dish poping up with cricket matches just hrs before the start with no prior advertisement

    Sony has the distribution rights and I am almost certain that Dish will show it, just keep checking their PPV webpage


  5. #5
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,096
    Any idea whether coverage will be available in the Uk?

    I'd heard that Sony TV would be showing it (available through Sky Digital), but according to Cricinfo Sony will only be marketing the series and Doordarshan are televising it.

    I'll be giving Sony TV a ring after work tonight, but wondered whether anyone here was in the know.

  6. #6
    Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    27,193
    Quote Originally Posted by garage flower
    Any idea whether coverage will be available in the Uk?

    I'd heard that Sony TV would be showing it (available through Sky Digital), but according to Cricinfo Sony will only be marketing the series and Doordarshan are televising it.

    I'll be giving Sony TV a ring after work tonight, but wondered whether anyone here was in the know.
    I've been checking every guide I can find religiously of late (http://www.mydigiguide.com is pretty damn good) - and I've found nothing at all. I'm hoping it's going to be on Sky Sports, as that way I won't have to pay extra, but if it's on SETA I'll pay anyway...
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

  7. #7
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    I've been checking every guide I can find religiously of late (http://www.mydigiguide.com is pretty damn good) - and I've found nothing at all. I'm hoping it's going to be on Sky Sports, as that way I won't have to pay extra, but if it's on SETA I'll pay anyway...
    I phoned Sony TV last week and they were expecting imminent confirmation from Head Office that they would be showing the series (probable price 20 or 30 depending on whether it's offered as a 1 or 2 month package).

    Like you, I wanted to wait until the last minute to see whether Sky would pick it up (as they did with Pakistan-India), but as you say it still doesn't appear on any of the schedules. I'll have to give Sony a bell later.

  8. #8
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    30
    Please contact Sony TV for US coverage. If they hear from you and your friends they just might telecast.

    Sony Entertainment Television Asia
    550 Madison Avenue
    New York NY 10022
    USA
    Tel: +1 212-833-7834 / +1 212-833-7450
    Fax: +1 212-833-7862

    Mail: viewer_infoUSA@spe.sony.com

  9. #9
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    10
    Still no word about coverage in North America, I can't believe that this is the most anticipated series of the year and yet the PAKTEL cup (meaningless) is being shown and nothing is being done to cover this years biggest series.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Pali Hill-Bombay
    Posts
    2,535
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster
    Still no word about coverage in North America, I can't believe that this is the most anticipated series of the year and yet the PAKTEL cup (meaningless) is being shown and nothing is being done to cover this years biggest series.
    Coz they can be bought cheap, India games are cash cow, thus the beefed up pricing

  11. #11
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14
    I read that in North America the series will be shown live on Fox. Hold on, let me find the link

    http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/C...01OCT2004.html

    Now, if that is true, it just leaves us in England wondering if we'll see it!! Someone help me find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whos showing it???????????????????????????????????????

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Pali Hill-Bombay
    Posts
    2,535
    Quote Originally Posted by NavUK
    I read that in North America the series will be shown live on Fox. Hold on, let me find the link

    http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/C...01OCT2004.html

    Now, if that is true, it just leaves us in England wondering if we'll see it!! Someone help me find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whos showing it???????????????????????????????????????
    It says Australia...Fox Sports might show cricket in US, hmm something like in 50 years or so

    Offcourse they had the settle with Fox sports 1st to show it in Aus coz they said no TV coverage, no series

  13. #13
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14
    Oh yeh, you may be right, sorry my mistake whilst trawling through webpage after webpage to find out any info!!! Yeh was kinda wondering what Fox were doing showing it....Sorry guys.... guess we ALL still in limbo then!

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Pali Hill-Bombay
    Posts
    2,535
    Quote Originally Posted by NavUK
    Oh yeh, you may be right, sorry my mistake whilst trawling through webpage after webpage to find out any info!!! Yeh was kinda wondering what Fox were doing showing it....Sorry guys.... guess we ALL still in limbo then!
    Infact, nobody has it...imagine that, Middle-East, Europe, NA, FarEast

    So if 1 gets it, we shall know that others will follow..and I beleive UK will be the 1st

    Infact the VP of Dishnetwork is himself a cricket buff so I m sure they know everything, but just working out the pricing and negotiation stuff, worst thing would be that we would miss the 1st test

  15. #15
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14
    Yeh thats true....nice sig with Sehwag's shot, where did you get that? I wouldnt mind showing my friend that as he hates Sehwag - my favourite player also!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. England vs India
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 22-10-2006, 12:16 AM
  2. Australia Votes - Election 2004 Thread
    By masterblaster in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 355
    Last Post: 14-10-2004, 09:32 AM
  3. Can Australia win in Sri Lanka and India ?
    By Salamuddin in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 12:47 PM
  4. South Africa Vs India
    By lord_of_darkness in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 29-09-2002, 04:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •