• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bond to bowl again next month

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
superkingdave said:
Says he'll be bowling in 6-8 weeks, ready for the Aussies - good news for Kiwis
Well i wouldnt get your hopes up just yet. He came to England apparently fit but then broke down cos he pushed himself too early...i can easily see the same happening again if he isnt careful.

Rich2001

International Captain
SpaceMonkey said:
Well i wouldnt get your hopes up just yet. He came to England apparently fit but then broke down cos he pushed himself too early...i can easily see the same happening again if he isnt careful.
I agree totally, everytime Bond is on the verge of comming back he gets yet another injury he has already had to cancel what 2/3 combacks.

As the saying goes... I'll blieve it when I see it.

Kent

State 12th Man
SpaceMonkey said:
But he didn't have bone grafts, bolts and wires strengthening his back on that tour!

I mean, it's not like anyone on CW is a surgeon. Bond's been made indestructible, as far as I want to know...;)

Rich2001

International Captain
Kent said:
But he didn't have bone grafts, bolts and wires strengthening his back on that tour!

I mean, it's not like anyone on CW is a surgeon. Bond's been made indestructible, as far as I want to know...;)
With all the bolts and all his back will be so ridged that he wont be able to bowl much over 30mph :p ;) :D

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really hope Bond is fit for the Australian tour. He really troubles the Aussies and New Zealand need him to be at his best to be competitive against the Australians.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
This is his last shot....but he definately won't tour Australia. He's hoping to return in time for the ODI's in NZ next year in Feb.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
I'm fairly optimistic as this time Bond had the required surgery rather than waiting for the injury to heal through rehabilitation. As long as he doesn't come back too quick all could be well.

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
all i can say is YESSSSS That bond is a legend. unfortunately he is 28 sumtin and has a couple of years left

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think everyone needs to be prepared for the fact that he may not be able to produce the same type of bowling we've come to expect.

I really hope for his sake that he does come back well or else no doubt he'll get heavily criticised.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there anyone else in NZ who can bowl at express pace? Butler is not that fast, and not as useful, and the other bowlers on view are just slow medium-pacers, who can't dominate matches the way a tearaway quick can.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
I really hope Bond is fit for the Australian tour. He really troubles the Aussies and New Zealand need him to be at his best to be competitive against the Australians.
Yes, of course, he really troubled your batsmen in those 2 Tests where he took 3 wickets at 96.33, didn't he?! :frusty:
He's almost always caused you big problems in the ODIs (except that 10-63-2 match in the ICCCT2002) but his achievements in Tests really are rather over-estimated!

Mister Wright

Richard said:
Yes, of course, he really troubled your batsmen in those 2 Tests where he took 3 wickets at 96.33, didn't he?! :frusty:
He's almost always caused you big problems in the ODIs (except that 10-63-2 match in the ICCCT2002) but his achievements in Tests really are rather over-estimated!

Did I talk about tests? To answer that question: "No I didn't." He has only played the 2 tests against Australia from memory. But he sure as hell has destroyed us on more than one occasion in ODIs. And before you start - just because he bowls a good spell against us doesn't mean N.Z. win, nor will he be perfect against us all the time.

But to say he doesn't trouble the Australian batsman is going a tad too far there Richard.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
He sure as hell had Marto figured out if I remember correctly.

It was great to watch those matches where Bond destroyed the Aussie top order, because there was just never enough for Fleming to drive the final nail in; always made for an exciting finish :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
Did I talk about tests? To answer that question: "No I didn't." He has only played the 2 tests against Australia from memory. But he sure as hell has destroyed us on more than one occasion in ODIs. And before you start - just because he bowls a good spell against us doesn't mean N.Z. win, nor will he be perfect against us all the time.

But to say he doesn't trouble the Australian batsman is going a tad too far there Richard.
Which is why I didn't say that.
I'm not even entirely certain of the schedule - I presume they're playing a Test-series and The VB Series, but I haven't checked yet, so I don't know what is coming-up or what he'll be part of.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Casson said:
He sure as hell had Marto figured out if I remember correctly.
Fleming did, all the bowlers followed-suit.
It amazes me that no-one else has ever tried those tactics against Martyn in ODIs.

Mister Wright

Richard said:
Which is why I didn't say that.
I'm not even entirely certain of the schedule - I presume they're playing a Test-series and The VB Series, but I haven't checked yet, so I don't know what is coming-up or what he'll be part of.

2 tests & 3 ODIs

West Indies & Pakistan are the teams for the VB Series.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Arjun..The current NZ bowlers aren't slow medium, they're just you're average medium fast bowlers which most batsmen see day in day out around club & domestic level.

NZ have 3 up & coming quicks...but they definately won't be ready for another 2 or 3 years at the least. But you might want to watch out for Richard Sherlock, Te Ahu Davis & Leighton Burtt in the future.

Butler has pace...he can get up to 145 km, which isn't that slow. He just has the bad habit of bowling 2 bad balls per over, much like Mohammad Sami does from time to time.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
Fleming did, all the bowlers followed-suit.
It amazes me that no-one else has ever tried those tactics against Martyn in ODIs.
That's true. Fleming had him figured out, but Bond was a very good executor.