Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bond to bowl again next month

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar

Bond to bowl again next month

Says he'll be bowling in 6-8 weeks, ready for the Aussies - good news for Kiwis

International Debutant SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave
    Says he'll be bowling in 6-8 weeks, ready for the Aussies - good news for Kiwis
    Well i wouldnt get your hopes up just yet. He came to England apparently fit but then broke down cos he pushed himself too early...i can easily see the same happening again if he isnt careful.

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey
    Well i wouldnt get your hopes up just yet. He came to England apparently fit but then broke down cos he pushed himself too early...i can easily see the same happening again if he isnt careful.
    I agree totally, everytime Bond is on the verge of comming back he gets yet another injury he has already had to cancel what 2/3 combacks.

As the saying goes... I'll blieve it when I see it.

State 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey
    But he didn't have bone grafts, bolts and wires strengthening his back on that tour!

I mean, it's not like anyone on CW is a surgeon. Bond's been made indestructible, as far as I want to know...

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent
    But he didn't have bone grafts, bolts and wires strengthening his back on that tour!

I mean, it's not like anyone on CW is a surgeon. Bond's been made indestructible, as far as I want to know...
    With all the bolts and all his back will be so ridged that he wont be able to bowl much over 30mph

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    I really hope Bond is fit for the Australian tour. He really troubles the Aussies and New Zealand need him to be at his best to be competitive against the Australians.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Tim
    This is his last shot....but he definately won't tour Australia. He's hoping to return in time for the ODI's in NZ next year in Feb.

Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion! Jet Pac Stan Champion!
    I'm fairly optimistic as this time Bond had the required surgery rather than waiting for the injury to heal through rehabilitation. As long as he doesn't come back too quick all could be well.

all i can say is YESSSSS That bond is a legend. unfortunately he is 28 sumtin and has a couple of years left

U19 Vice-Captain
    Please please please.

Tim
    I think everyone needs to be prepared for the fact that he may not be able to produce the same type of bowling we've come to expect.

I really hope for his sake that he does come back well or else no doubt he'll get heavily criticised.

Is there anyone else in NZ who can bowl at express pace? Butler is not that fast, and not as useful, and the other bowlers on view are just slow medium-pacers, who can't dominate matches the way a tearaway quick can.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    I really hope Bond is fit for the Australian tour. He really troubles the Aussies and New Zealand need him to be at his best to be competitive against the Australians.
    Yes, of course, he really troubled your batsmen in those 2 Tests where he took 3 wickets at 96.33, didn't he?!
    He's almost always caused you big problems in the ODIs (except that 10-63-2 match in the ICCCT2002) but his achievements in Tests really are rather over-estimated!
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Yes, of course, he really troubled your batsmen in those 2 Tests where he took 3 wickets at 96.33, didn't he?!
    He's almost always caused you big problems in the ODIs (except that 10-63-2 match in the ICCCT2002) but his achievements in Tests really are rather over-estimated!

Did I talk about tests? To answer that question: "No I didn't." He has only played the 2 tests against Australia from memory. But he sure as hell has destroyed us on more than one occasion in ODIs. And before you start - just because he bowls a good spell against us doesn't mean N.Z. win, nor will he be perfect against us all the time.

But to say he doesn't trouble the Australian batsman is going a tad too far there Richard.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    He sure as hell had Marto figured out if I remember correctly.

It was great to watch those matches where Bond destroyed the Aussie top order, because there was just never enough for Fleming to drive the final nail in; always made for an exciting finish

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information