• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly's old statement comes back to haunt him

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
The new BCCI chief, Ranbir Singh Mahendra, who was elected earlier this week was also the manager of the Indian team that toured Australia in 1991 which was Ganguly's debut series that ended in a debacle for him. In 2000 in an interview Ganguly called this guy "stupid" and said it was a shame that people like him were managers of touring Indian teams. I think this makes things really interesting now that both these people are at a very different time with very different authorities.

Here's the article - http://cricket.indiatimes.com/articleshow/870110.cms

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I hope nothing bad occurs because of this, but if anything, I don't see Sourav being affected by this as long as Mr.Dalmiya is around.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
If Ganguly ever made a factually spot on statement it was about this bloke. Ganguly is not the only one though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Waughney said:
I think that both of them should be professional enough to put that behind them.
Hmm, knowing subcontinental political-cricket like we do, I doubt it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
honestbharani said:
I hope nothing bad occurs because of this, but if anything, I don't see Sourav being affected by this as long as Mr.Dalmiya is around.
The way I understood it Dalmiya and Mahendra were old muckers. He cast the deciding vote that got Mahendra into office.

V Reddy

International Debutant
SJS said:
If Ganguly ever made a factually spot on statement it was about this bloke. Ganguly is not the only one though.

Yeah i read somewhere Kapil Dev too making a similar kind of a comment :huh:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
V Reddy said:
Yeah i read somewhere Kapil Dev too making a similar kind of a comment :huh:
Kapil went a little easy on him. He said that he had done little for Haryana cricket, so what will he do for Indian Cricket. But he still acknowledged him as one voted into office and congratulated him on that.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Arjun said:
Kapil went a little easy on him. He said that he had done little for Haryana cricket, so what will he do for Indian Cricket. But he still acknowledged him as one voted into office and congratulated him on that.
Kapil when asked two days ago to comment on RS Mahindra, said, Dont ask me. I am biased against the man. I hate him.