• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Earth v Rest Of The Universe at Twenty20

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Swervy said:
thats right Richard..get into the spirit :D
Richard doesn't enjoy Cricket as we know it.

He sees a bowler getting hit by a tailender and is upset that the bowler's figures are being ruined.

The rest of us see it and have a laugh because it's a good old fun bit of slogging.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barney Rubble said:
1. Shahid Afridi
2. Andrew Flintoff
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Adam Gilchrist (wk)
5. Virender Sehwag
6. Andrew Symonds
7. Ricky Ponting (c)
8. Abdur Razzaq
9. Shaun Pollock
10. Chaminda Vaas
11. Muttiah Muralitharan
Given Pollock's slog over struggles in recent months, why would he make a Twenty20 team?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Richard said:
I don't think either Pollock or Chaminda would make especially good bowlers in the 20-over game, personally.
But given that the 20-over game is not a Earthwide phenomenon (and hopefully it might stay that way) I see little point in an excercise such as the above.
Are you aware that the origin of sport is to entertain?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Given Pollock's slog over struggles in recent months, why would he make a Twenty20 team?
Good point, I wasn't really going on form, just thought of aggressive lower-middle order batsman who can bowl and he was the first who came to mind. Could equally have had someone like Azhar Mahmood or Klusener - Zulu would probably have been a better bet to be honest.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm not too sure that Anakin would make a great skipper. Too prone to flying off the handle into murderous rages for my liking.

Maybe Luke ought to have that job?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
thats right Richard..get into the spirit :D
If you haven't got used to my interpreted killjoy mentality and comments yet I suggest you get used to them.
8-) 8-) 8-)

Don't worry, I'm not being too scathing there, either... but you do need to get used to it.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Seeing as it's twenty20, could Chewbacca be playing and opening the batting?

yeah chewy has gotta be there. as does Teal'c from stargate - 2 of the strongest aliens i can think of.

telsor

U19 12th Man
Can you imagine the kind of spin Yoda would put in the ball?

He stands at the crease, rolls the arm over innocuously, and the next thing your stumps are flying. The scary part would be that they're coming back towards you, because the ball hit them from the other side!

Not to mention that once you give them a bat that wont cut the ball to pieces, their lightsaber skills would make Yoda, Luke and Anakin quite impressive batsmen.

Another team member would have to be Kosh from babylon5. Make him captain. The earth side would be so confused/intimidated they'd win by default. Might be better in tests though...he does tend towards longer term plans.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
If you haven't got used to my interpreted killjoy mentality and comments yet I suggest you get used to them.
8-) 8-) 8-)

Don't worry, I'm not being too scathing there, either... but you do need to get used to it.
to be honest I find it funny...and I think I have come to expect it from you :D

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
1-Osama - good at running
2-Saddam - good at finding the 'gaps' and digs in defence. complements osama
3-Michael Jackson - No one would ever want to bowl to him
4- Bill Clinton - He can whip it out and score when needed.
5- Hittler(c) - good leadership skills ideal captain
6- Pamela Anderson - pinch hitter and great hooker
7 George Bush - likes to attack for no reason. great strike bowler
8-John Howard/Tony Blair - likes standing behind bush
9- Michael "Air" Jordan (diving for catches great gully feildsmen)
10-**** Cheney - good at changing directions/excellent spinner
11-Britany Spears- good in swingers

Swervy

International Captain
krishneelz said:
1-Osama - good at running
2-Saddam - good at finding the 'gaps' and digs in defence. complements osama
3-Michael Jackson - No one would ever want to bowl to him
4- Bill Clinton - He can whip it out and score when needed.
5- Hittler(c) - good leadership skills ideal captain
6- Pamela Anderson - pinch hitter and great hooker
7 George Bush - likes to attack for no reason. great strike bowler
8-John Howard/Tony Blair - likes standing behind bush
9- Michael "Air" Jordan (diving for catches great gully feildsmen)
10-**** Cheney - good at changing directions/excellent spinner
11-Britany Spears- good in swingers
why wouldnt they want to bowl to Wacko....am I missing something here

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Not having any knowledge about this thing but what about those black people on Star Trek with weird stuff on thier foreheads. They look strong.

Swervy

International Captain
Jamee999 said:
Not having any knowledge about this thing but what about those black people on Star Trek with weird stuff on thier foreheads. They look strong.
do you mean the Klingons..England already have Wharfe (Worf)...sorry a bit poor that one

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
What about Hellboy for rest of the Universe Team !! He would be slogger and pinch hitter and an amazing fielder with his reflex catching .

Now I know the critics amongst you will complain that as a creature he spent most of his life on earth , protecting humans. :dry:

But then You need someone with inside info on the opposition on the Rest of the Universe side IMO. :D