• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Paktel Cup (Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe) Thread

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Scaly piscine said:
That's pretty much always the case with statistical analysis - can never prove anything 100% with it, or in this case way less than 100%.

I'd say there are too many other factors involved to get anything statistically out of the sample you used. In England for example all the national league games are 45 overs (earlier they were 40 overs if my memory serves), so you're gonna get slightly more expensive figures with slightly better bowling averages. If you can get like-for-like figures (ideally where the List A stats are from games in mostly the same country as those ODI stats with both being 50 over matches) for recent previous years you might get something if you can get a big enough sample.

Anyway surprised how easily Pakistan won today.
I can't really be bothered to do too much more. The data I have found has done enough to show that there's not as much difference between List A and ODI rates as we thought.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting series, this. A pity one of the teams is a target. Should Rana get another game?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Is anyone watching this series? Or this thread? The Lankans just rolled over the Zims (Zim 104 all out, SL 105/3) and nobody has said anything!

FRAZ

International Captain
The whole population of the cricket playing nations is 1/4 of India . So who gets attention . Use logic Arjun .....

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
And how many Pakistani fans are there? Enough to keep any thread active, if it's a series featuring the Pakistani team! Besides, this series is more interesting than that sick show back in India!

FRAZ

International Captain
^ No matter what any person do . He cant become an Indian cricket fan .... So passionate and patriotic ........... Thats a compliment now . You guys have given some interest to the game ....... And as far as others is concerned yeah I've felt that Srilankans and Zimbabweans and Pakistanis have the quitest fans ....... They dont use the cricket forums a lot and thats about it .....

FRAZ

International Captain
Arjun said:
And how many Pakistani fans are there? Enough to keep any thread active, if it's a series featuring the Pakistani team! Besides, this series is more interesting than that sick show back in India!
Yup i was wondering any ways . India wins from Australia or who ever they are playing . People ll live . India loses then the same old ideology "Blame Pakistan" ........... Get out of it sir ....

Sehwag309

Banned
FRAZ said:
^ No matter what any person do . He cant become an Indian cricket fan .... So passionate and patriotic ........... Thats a compliment now . You guys have given some interest to the game ....... And as far as others is concerned yeah I've felt that Srilankans and Zimbabweans and Pakistanis have the quitest fans ....... They dont use the cricket forums a lot and thats about it .....
Althought this is an Anti-hindu/Anti-Indian site, and is being monitored by Anti-Hate bureaus and what not...U would never call Pakistani fans quiet here

LINK

The Good ones

Pak Cric Buzz

Videos etc

FRAZ

International Captain
Yup . Who said They are quite 100% . Even some USA fans went to see the ICC trophy matches of USA ... What I meant is that they are quiter than the Indian Fans .......
And yeah The first test's frustrations had to come off by Pointing fingers at pakistan eh. :D

Sehwag309

Banned
FRAZ said:
Yup . Who said They are quite 100% . Even some USA fans went to see the ICC trophy matches of USA ... What I meant is that they are quiter than the Indian Fans .......
And yeah The first test's frustrations had to come off by Pointing fingers at pakistan eh. :D
What are you on about...nobody has even mentioned Pakistan..the above reply was to a different topic altogether

Don't think Pakistanis would have been quiet either, we atleast keep quiet and complain abt umpiring decisions here, Pak ex-cricketers like bari gets told by ICC to shut-up....Indians were with pak on Shepherds decision BTW

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FRAZ said:
The whole population of the cricket playing nations is 1/4 of India . So who gets attention . Use logic Arjun .....
More pertinent is the fact that this is a meaningless ODI Tournament, but the other is the biggest and most eagerly awaited Test series of the year.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
FRAZ And yeah The first test's frustrations had to come off by Pointing fingers at pakistan eh. :D[/QUOTE said:
Stop it already! Its getting annoying. :p

Last edited:

viktor

State Vice-Captain
FRAZ said:
whos pointing fingers at pakistan?? why would any sane person do that???
are u outta ur gourd FRAZ???
an unsolicited piece of advice :STUFF IT!!!

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
FRAZ said:
this doesn't sound bitter at all, i don't know why ppl pick on you.

FRAZ

International Captain
maxpower said:
i think its the smooth getup and the glasses, they hate you for it. :D
So you are "Dissing".... Waoh ...
My posts are not smooth or I look like an alien or some thing or what ...
God damn it ....... Shoot me Sehwag309 and Jono , Shoot me .....
As far as The diss about avtar and the login name is concerned . Its simple as my posts . I dont have the names like hmmm Maxpower , shally wagon or Hmmm location: Toilet .
I am a simple and straight forward poster having real name , real picture and a real post every time . Simple as I am . My life and posts are open books .
They know me already .
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/showpost.php?p=269681&postcount=82