• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Guess the bowler

one_dayer

Cricket Spectator
Correct, talking of Waqar what happened to the little finger on his left hand? fielding injury?

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
Its always been like that, as far as I can remember watching Waqar. He's always had that little finger like that.

Not sure why though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wow! Never noticed that before!
Knew about it with little Parthiv, but never noticed it on Waqar.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Richard said:
Wow! Never noticed that before!
Knew about it with little Parthiv, but never noticed it on Waqar.
Never knew either. Not the kind of thing I've ever looked for.

shaka

International Regular
I read a story years back that said he once went diving into a swimming pool, and he caught the edge of the pool with this finger. So that is the reason why some of it is missing off that finger.
Hope that answers your question.

Bouncer

State Regular
Oh i know that one, once when his family had recently moved to Pak from Sharjah in late 80's....one night when he was coming back to home...he was late and he didnt wish to ring the bell to disturb other people who were alseep...so he decided to jump through the fence and then he got his finger stuck in the mash girl on top of the fence, which resulted in damaged finger.

Majin

International Debutant
I 'spose it doesn't matter bowling filthy full tosses if you tamper with the ball. :{

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Majin said:
I 'spose it doesn't matter bowling filthy full tosses if you tamper with the ball. :{
dude... NOT COOL! dont say crap like that...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Majin said:
I 'spose it doesn't matter bowling filthy full tosses if you tamper with the ball.
Just shut up man. That's no way a filthy full toss. 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
SpaceMonkey said:
Didnt Dravid / Tendulkar get done for ball tampering too though? some indians anyway :dry:
NO, they didn't!
They got done for, effectively, cleaning the seam (without the Umpires' supervision), and once the Tabloids had put their stint on it was ball-tampering.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
NO, they didn't!
They got done for, effectively, cleaning the seam (without the Umpires' supervision), and once the Tabloids had put their stint on it was ball-tampering.
And Atherton was conducting a scientific study to determine how high he could balance a conical pile of soil on a ball.

This was in order to determine the dampness of the soil (he had just planted some runner beans and was concerned that he might have over-watered them, so he brought a sample of earth with him from his garden to 'work' that day).