• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Guess the bowler

Bouncer

State Regular
steds said:
Who's the batsman?

Allan Mullaly, who got dangerous Inzimam out in same game on first day at 148....i just seem to remember what happen in most of the LOrds game that i see.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
And Atherton was conducting a scientific study to determine how high he could balance a conical pile of soil on a ball.

This was in order to determine the dampness of the soil (he had just planted some runner beans and was concerned that he might have over-watered them, so he brought a sample of earth with him from his garden to 'work' that day).
No, he wasn't, he was keeping his hands dry.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Majin said:
I 'spose it doesn't matter bowling filthy full tosses if you tamper with the ball. :{
How long is those two Beamers at Symonds going to be held against Waqar for?
8-)
And how many times will it have to be said that reverse-swing is perfectly easy to get without unfamiliar (illegal) action on the ball.

Majin

International Debutant
Hey, the only reason I even said that is 'cause I once read an article about him admiting to doing it. And by all accounts Waqar was good enough not to need to tamper with the ball. And I don't see how that isn't a full toss when it doesn't bounce yet it smashes into the top of the stump.

And he can beam Symonds all he want's 'cause I hate Symonds. :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, I hate to see him doing well in ODIs, yes (wouldn't go so far as to say I hate him), but I don't really want to see Waqar Beaming him. Much prefer to see him getting him out.
Oh, and if you were referring to that clip, sorry, I can't get it to work (hear the commentary but it stops as Waqar reaches the stumps) so I didn't know it was a Full-Toss.

one_dayer

Cricket Spectator
Majin said:
I 'spose it doesn't matter bowling filthy full tosses if you tamper with the ball. :{
nothin wrong with a full toss every now and then, plus the bowlers more likely to get hit for a boundary so its always good to see those stumps flying from one.

Last edited:

Majin

International Debutant
Nah Rich, the full toss thing was to the guy who said It wasn't a full toss, way up in the thread.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Why do you?
Because he was crap for about six years!
And his massive improvement (25 or something to 47 or something) has had a huge say on Australia maintaining their grip on the ODI crown.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, it's not, I've just said that!
Richard said:
his (Symonds') massive improvement (25 or something to 47 or something)
I've freely acknowledged that his shot-selection is near enough unrecognisable, just like Flintoff's has become - but nonetheless, because he's helped Australia, I don't like it!