• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is cricket Religion in India??

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
godshicn: Once in two days you are let out and immediately you sing praises of sachin...lol

Me thinks you should use your breaks more wisely. ;)

Here is an idea.... ever tried to lick your own elbow? give it a try ...if u can do it...man you are so right.. :D

Killing Time

Cricket Spectator
Yeah , Cricket is the the most popular sport in certain parts of the country. There are some other sports which also boast of fanatical devotion. Calling it relgion may be over stressing but it is indeed followed with great attention.

Cricket enjoys its place in the sun coz it has been marketed well. Right until 83 , it used to compete with hockey & soccer for both the public attention and the sports pages. The board capitalised on the the WC win and advertised it well. The Indian team wins in the 85 world series in Aus and the away test wins in England in 86 only added fillip to the progress. And of coz the board staged a coup by hosting the 87 WC at home. Cricket exploded as a result and has not looked back since. As of now , there exits a huge gap between Cricket and its next best competitor , Soccer.

But on a cautionary note , unless the board takes some steps to improve the national teams perfromances , the sport will lose its appeal gradually. The last few years have a seen a huge surge in interest in other sports like golf , formula one , tennis and football amongst the Indian masses. Only better to be beware ...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah yes, forgot about that one. That WOULD have been a big win, especially against the old enemy, Pakistan!

Anoop

U19 12th Man
yeah.. it was.

that and the wc'83 were the biggest factors contributing to the popularity of cricket here.

godschin

Cricket Spectator
Scorpio,
Sorry buddy, the licking symptoms are part of ur pathological menifestations and not mine.Ever tried Serenace? would help u get better!

sir middle stump

School Boy/Girl Captain
ive just followed the link to the 1985 world championship odi tournament in australia.... how the hell did they manage to get 7 teams nito the tournament?

man !...thats a world cup victory in itself!...

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Scorpio,
Sorry buddy, the licking symptoms are part of ur pathological menifestations and not mine.Ever tried Serenace? would help u get better!
lol..looks like u got a new dictionary as a a gift.

Here's a thought ...get out this thread and post some thing meaningful and intelligent in the other threads too.. :rolleyes:

godschin

Cricket Spectator
Ur post speak volumes of ur intelligence!

Even with a dictionary u won't be able to understand a thing, ur grey matter isn't intact, get help, u are suffering from hysterical blindness! :rolleyes:

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Ur post speak volumes of ur intelligence!

Even with a dictionary u won't be able to understand a thing, ur grey matter isn't intact, get help, u are suffering from hysterical blindness! :rolleyes:

hahah....hysterical blindness..now does that have any meaning..lol..
anyway...i dont think there is any point trying to argue with u..

As a great man(siddhu :D) once said the light at the end of the tunnel is a oncoming train in your case...

godschin

Cricket Spectator
...."hysterical blindness..now does that have any meaning..lol"...Pardon me, i forgot that i was talking to a ignorant person, obviously u don't know anything!

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
...."hysterical blindness..now does that have any meaning..lol"...Pardon me, i forgot that i was talking to a ignorant person, obviously u don't know anything!
Here you go genius..i tried that word in webster.com

the results are...