• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's nicest guys

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Richard said:
Same can be said of Andrew Strauss.
Amazing, no matter what he's doing, it's almost as if he smiled once and the wind changed. Even when he's been dismissed, he tends to wear a rueful smile. Barely has an occasion gone by when the camera's fallen on him when he's not been wearing some sort of smile.
Very true, I forgot to put him on my list of nice guys at the start - I congratulated him on the good start he has made at international level and he wouldn't stop thanking me!

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Strauss really does look like a good guy. I think that is another thing that has attracted a lot of fans to the English side: they all seem so friendly and happy. They're very good qualities to have in the side.

la28

Cricket Spectator
I would say Balaji's one of the best. Well-behaved, friendly, and just basically a "jolly fellow". Here are some players who i think are the nicest.

-L balaji
-M vaughan
-M Muralitharan..whther u think he's a chucker or not (i personally dont), gotta admit that he's hilarious
-Harbhajan Singh
-Inzi bhai
-Brett Lee
-Justin Langer
-Mohammad Kaif
-Brian Lara

Last edited:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Brett Lee is by far the nicest guy in the Aussie team...
The rest of them are a little stuck up and don't care about others. Brett on the other hand always goes out into the members area to pose for photos and spends about 2 hours a day at test matches signing autographs and just talking to the public. he's an absolute saint. It's never to much for him to sign that last autograph...

The Sri Lankan cricket team and especially Murali have to be the nicest team as a whole. They are so friendly and chirpy and it's like they were just made friendly, they aren't arrogant at all.

Indians are also quite friendly to, but only to their own. It's almost as if they're racist... hehe. They only ever talk to indian supporters and not other teams... hence everyone voting.

So Brett Lee and Murali for mine

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Justin Langer. never met him, would like to though, but his manner and speech are just so duculent. And I also believe he is extremely intelligent by just reading what he writes. hes no 1 for me.

Im suprised no one thought of Michael Bevan?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
FRAZ said:
Strange most of the members just voted for the Indian cricketers .Thats nice to see tht "In general" fans like Indian players ....
Look who had posted on the thread before you - all but one appeared to be Indian fans, so it's no surprise that they have had more interaction with the players they support.

Likewise for me - I played with Mark Richardson for a couple of years, and a nicer guy you could not meet.

FRAZ

International Captain
Voltman said:
Look who had posted on the thread before you - all but one appeared to be Indian fans, so it's no surprise that they have had more interaction with the players they support.

So what did I say . Just said that "Its good to see That "In General" cricket fans like only Indian cricketers ."
What up with that ........
They are good . Nice gentlemen with good values ....... Or you think I meant "Ind general " .......
Ganguly always has a logic in conversation and Dravid is decent and yeah couple of bad eggs are in every team ...

bryce

International Regular
james franklin is one, i just called out to him when he was on 12th man duties in a test vs pakistan and the next thing i know im leaning over the fence having a chat to him even though i'd never met him before

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
FRAZ said:
So what did I say . Just said that "Its good to see That "In General" cricket fans like only Indian cricketers ."
What up with that ........
They are good . Nice gentlemen with good values ....... Or you think I meant "Ind general " .......
Ganguly always has a logic in conversation and Dravid is decent and yeah couple of bad eggs are in every team ...
Because you had based your comment on the poster before you who were mostly Indian supporters.

That's like saying that all people have long hair just because you had just walked past a bunch of hippies getting stoned on the wacky backy.

I see by some of the other posts that you aren't very well-liked here - I can see why.

FRAZ

International Captain
Voltman said:
Because you had based your comment on the poster before you who were mostly Indian supporters.

That's like saying that all people have long hair just because you had just walked past a bunch of hippies getting stoned on the wacky backy.

I see by some of the other posts that you aren't very well-liked here - I can see why.
Bad Voltman Bad ....... Now you see ! I aint no saying any thing ... Yeah in one circle I am hated . As Jesus was hated too In Jewish circles, But after passage of time they are the best friends with A powerful christian state .So give me a chance and some time . Its just a shaky start by me . I ll be remembered as a saint ... And now you are resembling "them" with hippies . Waoh !!!!

viktor

State Vice-Captain
FRAZ said:
Bad Voltman Bad ....... Now you see ! I aint no saying any thing ... Yeah in one circle I am hated . As Jesus was hated too In Jewish circles, But after passage of time they are the best friends with A powerful christian state .So give me a chance and some time . Its just a shaky start by me . I ll be remembered as a saint ... And now you are resembling "them" with hippies . Waoh !!!!
why remembered??
I grant you sainthood right now..
all bow to the saint FRAZ!!!
:notworthy

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
FRAZ said:
.. after passage of time they are the best friends with A powerful christian state .So give me a chance and some time .
Is there any Christian state which is powerful ? I dont think Vatican is that powerful.

Fraz dear, someone has to be crucified before you become best friends with those people. :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
For me it would have to be most of the South African team. They welcomed people down to where they were all sitting in their game against Central Districts last summer and allowed autographs and photos. Great bunch of guys.

Lou Vincent, Chris Harris, Scott Styris and Shane Bond are all top blokes when it comes to that sort of thing. Fleming, Oram, Astle, Vettori & Martin are the worst within the team from my experiences with them.

When Pakistan were playing New Zealand at the Basin Reserve Akhtar was signing autographs and allowing photos for at least the hour during the Pakistan innings. The only player within the squad that did it. Well the day I was there anyway. He was very friendly.

FRAZ

International Captain
Sanz said:
Is there any Christian state which is powerful ? I dont think Vatican is that powerful.

Fraz dear, someone has to be crucified before you become best friends with those people. :)
Ok there is no religious state and there are 80% people who are true athesists . the person who murders or is a theif does'nt remain hindu , Muslim , Christian or any person with a religion ... As per usual you are treating person on the basis of where he or more pacificaly I was born .............
That nation has a main slogon saying "In God we trust ".
And yes their fore fathers were christians mainly not talking about Indians (Gosh not your Ones ) .And as far as your vatican joke is concerned its quite obvious that you always try to take some thing out of my posts. Get out of it now ..........

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
James said:
and settle down Fraz and Voltman please.
Voltman is buddy . Just needed some thing to argue may be ... He is a good bloke but just found some thing bad about my defination of "In general" thing ............
Stay Kool "Sir"

FRAZ

International Captain
James said:
For me it would have to be most of the South African team. They welcomed people down to where they were all sitting in their game against Central Districts last summer and allowed autographs and photos. Great bunch of guys.

When Pakistan were playing New Zealand at the Basin Reserve Akhtar was signing autographs and allowing photos for at least the hour during the Pakistan innings. The only player within the squad that did it. Well the day I was there anyway. He was very friendly.
Yes wonderful . Same choices that I made ...........
For some people there is one thread ,"What if India had Shoaib Akhtar "...
Newzealanders are wonderful people .....
The best cricket that I see on tv is when its played in Newzealand .....
And yes the rivalry is there b/w Newzealand and pakistan teams but more or less a friendly rivalry .................... I have never seen or may be just did'nt happen to see any newzealander being extremely stupid in the field .........
Stay Kool