• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's nicest guys

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SirBloody Idiot said:
Adam Gilchrist for me.

A top bloke.

Liddle Langer is class as well.
Yes Gilchrist. I forgot. Seems like a very decent bloke indeed.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fraz you are one of the most irritating posters, do you ever add something constructive? Forgive me for meeting Indian players when the toured the country I love, and not Pakistanis. :-/ I would of loved to have met Akram.

I've always wanted to meet Gilly. He seems like the kind of guy that would get along with everyone.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Dean Jones is a top bloke.

I once had a slash next to Bob Willis at The Oval. Thought it best not to speak given our situation tho! :D

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
FRAZ said:
Strange most of the members just voted for the Indian cricketers .Thats nice to see tht "In general" fans like Indian players .... Yup behaviour wise they are no too bad ........... Balaji is the best Indian cricketer behaviour wise , Attitude wise , talk wise . HE the man , GO Balaji GO...........
And behaviour wise Shoaib Akhtar is the best ........
Yeah yeah go on go on ........... Jelousy ..............
See how he went to Lara when he accidently bowled a bouncer ........
Thats good .........
didnt shoaib tell lara he wanted 2 kill him when he came out to bat?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
Vaughan et al were grumpy as hell (except for Giles, he had taken two wickets.
TWO!?!??!?!
Ashley giles took two wickets!?!??!?!?!??!?
:wacko:

:p

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
IMO Courtney Walsh is one of the nicest cricketers to have played the game. Among the Indian Cricketers Sehwag and Bhajji are really cool guys.

Someone said Md. Azharuddin, I dont think he can be considered nice, the guy was never easy to talk to, not friendly at all.

Fraz, I am not surprised that you find Shoaib Akhtar da best . :lol: IMO among the Pakistani cricketers Inzamam is one of the nicest, Youhana, Saeed(anwar), Waqar are nice and very friendly too.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
From what i've seen on tv ian bell seems like a good guy and sarwan seems like someone you can have a good laugh with

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The Baconator said:
From what i've seen on tv ian bell seems like a good guy and sarwan seems like someone you can have a good laugh with
In the stands, after the game they just got hammered in (allegedly)

FRAZ

International Captain
Jono said:
Fraz you are one of the most irritating posters, do you ever add something constructive? Forgive me for meeting Indian players when the toured the country I love, and not Pakistanis. :-/ I would of loved to have met Akram.

I've always wanted to meet Gilly. He seems like the kind of guy that would get along with everyone.
:no: Thanx for the comments !!! When did I say some thing wrong dudes....
Every one has a personal choice ..... I made a choice , Shoaib . Then what .......I just said "In general fans" like Indian Players ......... So is that a bad thing ........ :cry:

Sehwag309

Banned
I personally feel Shoaib is a nice guy, although read some comments on another board abt him not signing autographs to Indian fans in 99 WC

Also, in the recent Ind/Pak ICC game, he got in a "F" word marathon and middle fingering with the Indians whilst fielding at the boundary - experienced by people who were there...offcourse the Indian fans started it 1st

Craig

World Traveller
Haven't met many international cricketers. Doin Nash seemed ok when I asked to sign something when NZ were over here last, and got a big cheer when he relented into the crowd's demands to sign some autographs. Craig McMillan wasn't interested (mind you he did cop it from the crowd) in doing anything.

Makhaya Ntini looks like a good bloke too.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Craig said:
Makhaya Ntini looks like a good bloke too.
He is, he never stops smiling! Very appreciative of fans as well, unlike some South Africans.....Charl Willoughby.

I was at the tour match between Somerset and SA last year, went to get him to sign a bat when him and Herschelle Gibbs were chucking a ball around during the break between innings on the outfield, everyone was just milling around - I approached him, he saw me coming, and promptly told me to "go away, can't you see we're practising?" Gibbs gave him a "that really wasn't necessary" look and tried to cover up Willoughby's rudeness by apologising to me and saying he'd sign the bat at the end of play (which he did - Willoughby was nowhere to be seen), but I could tell he was a bit embarrassed by his team-mate's conduct.

Incidentally, Monde Zondeki was a top bloke too.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah, I was at that game, got the impression that gogga and gazza were top boys as well... Didnt speak to Willoughby though..

Saw Ntini running around like a madman, and being really friendly to everyone.. He was on top of the old pavilion screaming advice at everyone for a couple of hours (quiet day)..

However, on saying that he was a top bloke a few years back I seem to remember everyone responding with "he is a good for nothing rapist" etc.. So I didnt bother this time

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FRAZ said:
:no: Thanx for the comments !!! When did I say some thing wrong dudes....
Every one has a personal choice ..... I made a choice , Shoaib . Then what .......I just said "In general fans" like Indian Players ......... So is that a bad thing ........ :cry:
Mefinks this was more of a buildup from other posts in other topics at other times. Add that to the number of posts made, left then deleted before they're spotted by the mods.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Barney Rubble said:
He is, he never stops smiling!
Same can be said of Andrew Strauss.
Amazing, no matter what he's doing, it's almost as if he smiled once and the wind changed. Even when he's been dismissed, he tends to wear a rueful smile. Barely has an occasion gone by when the camera's fallen on him when he's not been wearing some sort of smile.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Richard said:
Same can be said of Andrew Strauss.
Amazing, no matter what he's doing, it's almost as if he smiled once and the wind changed. Even when he's been dismissed, he tends to wear a rueful smile. Barely has an occasion gone by when the camera's fallen on him when he's not been wearing some sort of smile.
World would be a better place if more people were like that.