• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2004/05 Australian domestic season thread

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Damnit, Harvey, cut your hair! He looks more like a girl every day. And with the way he's bowling lately, I'd say a recall to the Aussie OD side is a bit of a way off.

Eclipse

International Debutant
cosgrove looks a great young batsman but I think he should lose some waight lol..

Last edited:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Does Crosthwaite drop ANYTHING?!? Pulled off some amazing stuff this match. First time I've seen him, and now I know what the hype is all about.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Waughney said:
Tomorrow's NSW V WA clash should be interesting, the bookies have NSW as favourites :wacko:
In that case, where do I make a bet? NSW are going down like a tonne of bricks, and then WA are going to dump a tonne of bricks on them. At the moment, NSW are p!ss-weak, and WA are pretty much at full strength.

I can't see anything but a WA victory (I'd even bet on the bonus point :D)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
NSW have to bat well one day.... its gonna happen, you just gotta take your pick of days through the long season

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
good point age and if they do nathan and stuart will rip through.

But i do believe that nsw is missing clarke and slater

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Waughney said:
Tomorrow's NSW V WA clash should be interesting, the bookies have NSW as favourites :wacko:
Did the bookies use the results of both team's matches v Tasmania as a measurement? :D

Eclipse

International Debutant
I cant belive that Voges smashed 100* off 62 balls !!! 6x4 7x6

Only his second match to.. That's dam impressive even if it was at North Syd.

Eclipse

International Debutant
NSW making a game of this Brad Haddin 102* of 96 balls again 7x4 6x6..

I know North Syd is a small ground but some of the shots today have been way out of the ground..

The Captaincy has done wonders for Haddins batting this season to.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
age_master said:
yeah slats should probably come out of retirement, we sure need him

also missing katich and McGrath ;)
In that case, WA won without Langer, Martyn and Gilchrist :D

Cant believe Voges did that in his second match, magic. Wish I couldve seen it though, they dont put it on TV until Sunday has finished :(.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm so happy that WA got home despite a game that was unfairly weighted in NSW's favour. WA had to contend with ball movement, whereas NSW got a complete flatty.

I think North Sydney should never be hosting List A games, it's just way too small, and 25 sixes in a match is more than there should be. All that does is make really mediocre batsmen (like Thornely and maybe even Voges) look a lot better than they really are. If the ING Cup is part of Australia's breeding ground, then we have to get a realistic indication of the talent that's around.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I think it was just more one of those one off games.. Yes it's a small ground but todays pitch was just a batsmans paradise and both Haddin and Voges had some luck go there way.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
I think it was just more one of those one off games.. Yes it's a small ground but todays pitch was just a batsmans paradise and both Haddin and Voges had some luck go there way.
Well if you've got a ground with U-11s' boundaries, you should prepare a greentop. It's one thing to be watching something special, like Ponting belting successive sixes in the WC final, but expecting it to come off every ball from just any old batsman is a travesty. You've got to wonder how the bowlers kept their sanity bowling on that dump.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
Haddin's luck has a special name; it's called Murray Goodwin. :cool:

Goodwin had no excuse for dropping Haddin in the 40s. That was a lollipop catch and he was wearing sunnies!

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I must admit, the thrill of a six kind of dissapeared when they were hit every stinking over.