• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How successfull you think....

Bouncer

State Regular
Brett Lee is going to be in the upcoming India series.......There is nothing more exciting to see than a fast bowler running in, and bowling hsi heart out...and Lee to me is every bit of that fast bowler.

i WOULDNT ENJOY ANYTHING MORE THAN a fast blower doing well in subcontinent.....i wish him very best of luck...but at the same time.....i think the Indian players are just too good on their back yard....they will love the extra pace of lee, who is honestly not as good at reverse swing as we all think(even i expected him to be better when i first saw him on his debute, than what he is now).....the reason i am saying that he doesnt have too many matches that he turned around on his own...

But none the less its going to be great contest and one i am looking forward to....but how good u think he is going to be in India.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I dont think he will play a test and if he does he will get smashed all over the place.

He is fast and bowls a beauty of an outswinger but he has nothing else.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I dont think he'll play unless one of the other paceman gets injured or Kaspa/McGrath loose form very quickly.

If they were to play 4 pacemen (which is very unlikely) then it would probably be Watson to partner Kaspa , McGrath & Gillespie.

Craig

World Traveller
On his recent performances Michael Kasprowicz should be in first choice ahead of Brett Lee, and this is the same guy who bowled Australia to victory in 1998 at Bangalore (I think).

In saying that, it would not surprise me if Brett Lee plays.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Craig said:
On his recent performances Michael Kasprowicz should be in first choice ahead of Brett Lee, and this is the same guy who bowled Australia to victory in 1998 at Bangalore (I think).

In saying that, it would not surprise me if Brett Lee plays.
Nah they've already indicated Kaspa is ahead of Lee (and possibly McGrath!) in the pecking order.

And rightly so , he took a 7-fer in his second most recent match and bowler very well in Sri Lanka in March.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
In case he plays, he will probably do better than most expect only because the Indian batting is in disarray.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We've seen the Indian batting-line-up in disarray before now - on those occasions, we've also seen that in the inevitable event it changes (you can't keep them down forever) it tends to change quickly, with devestating effect.
Even if Lee were to play in The First Test and take 4-93, it's still pretty likely that they'd get themselves together and he'd take 2-190 in the rest of the series.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eclipse said:
I dont think he will play a test and if he does he will get smashed all over the place.

He is fast and bowls a beauty of an outswinger but he has nothing else.
If Kasprowicz is ineffective in the first 2 Tests I reckon he might get picked.
If he does, I agree he is likely to get hammered out of sight.
Bouncer said:
he doesnt have too many matches that he turned around on his own
He doesn't have any from July 2001 onwards.

Bouncer

State Regular
Bouncer said:
who is honestly not as good at reverse swing as we all think(even i expected him to be better when i first saw him on his debute, than what he is now.
The folks who have seen him bowl more in test matches what do u say about his reverse swing abilities, is that being overrated or he has the ability he is just being unlucky with that.?
I would be able to talk moreabout it if i had seen him in more test matches.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bouncer, I just froze your avatar and Shoaib looked exactly like Chris Martin.
:mellow: Extraordinary. :mellow:

Eclipse

International Debutant
Bouncer said:
The folks who have seen him bowl more in test matches what do u say about his reverse swing abilities, is that being overrated or he has the ability he is just being unlucky with that.?
I would be able to talk moreabout it if i had seen him in more test matches.
He can do most things with the ball including reverse swinging it very nicely.

I guess that's the reason so many people held out hope for him for so long because he can make the ball move both ways and in the right conditions move along way..

But pure and simple he has no brain his line and length sucks and his trajectory is to low so he come's onto the bat really well and is easy to hit.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bret Lee's lackings don't necessarily come with his skills (although he isn't the best of the best obviously) but it's more his way of thinking as suggested above.

I feel he'll play a test only if Kapsprowicz is ineffective (as Richard said) in the first 2. I'm almost 100% positive he won't play the first. If that's the case, whether or not he plays may come down to whether or not Australia win any of the first 2 tests.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
If the Australians have a lot of runs on the board, he'll have a very good series. Of course, that ball, however fast it travels, must land on the right spot.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But the fact that, more often than not, it doesn't, means that he's highly unlikely to have a very good series.
Hopefully if he does play his average (post-2001) will be pushed up towards 40.