• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India v India A in a 4-day warmup

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can anyone tell me how Zaheer Kahn bowled? Is he anywhere close to being fully fit again?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
Can anyone tell me how Zaheer Kahn bowled? Is he anywhere close to being fully fit again?
The Mumbai edition of the Times Of India say he is fully fit. Unfortunately, I can't watch the match as its' not in my city, nor is it on television, but 3/38 in 19 overs with 6 maidens is not too bad. He's even added one more in the second innings. I only hope he's fielding as well as he bowls, then he'd make a goodd selection. Bhandari's not been too bad either.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What was Siddharth Trivedi doing, bowling 2 overs? He was not in the playing XI!

Deja moo

International Captain
Arjun said:
Thanks. That reminds me. Why were both matches scheduled on the same days? The same players could also have shown their skills against the Indian senior team, and they would be more competitive than these extras in the India 'A' team.

Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Ranting is tedious.

Remind me again of how those extras you refer to demolished Mumbai a couple of days ago.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Deja moo said:
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Ranting is tedious.

Remind me again of how those extras you refer to demolished Mumbai a couple of days ago.
Do Yogesh Golwalkar and Joginder Sharma have a chance of getting the India cap? Maybe Bhandari, Powar, Murali Karthik and Bahutule, but not those two. That sloppy Mumbai perforamnce is an aberration, and they're a much better side than that, having won 2 Ranji titles. There's a major difference between picking easy runs against those extras and getting them agaisnt McGrath, Gillespie, Lee and Warne- there's a big gap between both groups.

Deja moo

International Captain
Arjun said:
Do Yogesh Golwalkar and Joginder Sharma have a chance of getting the India cap? Maybe Bhandari, Powar, Murali Karthik and Bahutule, but not those two. That sloppy Mumbai perforamnce is an aberration, and they're a much better side than that, having won 2 Ranji titles. There's a major difference between picking easy runs against those extras and getting them agaisnt McGrath, Gillespie, Lee and Warne- there's a big gap between both groups.

Yeesss , but the point was that Mumbai failed to make any impact against the rest of India. Shouldnt Mumbai meet the same standards that you have set for India in other threads , like not losing the odd match here and there ?

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Arjun said:
Give me a break. Mumbai were thrashed fair and square by a superior team. You can try to spin things whichever way you want but that's the fact and so stop whining. Powar, Murali Kartik and Bahutule can show their wares against the Aussies now in the tour match from tomorrow. So if the others needed to get a chance to show how good they were, then this was it. And they have done admirably till now.