• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

right handed 11 VS left handed 11

sir middle stump

School Boy/Girl Captain
these are the best two teams (one made entirely of righties and the other of lefties ) i could think of among the current players....can anyone suggest different players? which team would win if playing each other?( for sake of parity let us assume that brian lara and klusener are still great players ! )

right handed team........left handed team
-------------------------------------------
sachin tendulkar.........marcus trescothick
virender sehwag..........matthew hayden
jacques kallis...........saurav ganguly
ricky ponting............brian lara
yousuf youhana...........michael bevan
chris cairns.............lance klusener
rashid latif.............adam gilchrist
waqar younis.............wasim akram
muttaiah muralitharan....daniel vettori
glenn mcgrath............ashish nehra
shoaib akhtar............chaminda vaas

[Edited on 7/24/02 by sir middle stump]

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
looks like u started watching just a couple of yrs..lol

right:
gordon greenidge
sunny gavaskar
Sachin tendulkar
Viv Richards
Javed Miandad
Steve waugh
Rod marsh
Ambrose
McGrath
Murali
Marshall

lefties:
trescothick
boycott
lara
border
flower andy
Ganguly(poor choice actually)
gilly
wasim
alan davidson
vaas
bedi

MrPerko

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hmmm.... I agree almost totally agree with the teams Sir M. Stump suggested.

I'm actually surprised just how balanced the sides are. Pretty tough one to call, but I reckon the right handers just have the edge with the Tendulkar - McGrath - Murali combination.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I think the righties would nick it due to the lefties' weaker bowling.

I mean Nehra/Vaas/Vettori/Wasim/Klusener/Ganguly/Bevan may be good but it doesn't touch McGrath/Murali/Shoaib/Waqar/Cairns/Kallis.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
This leftie team of Sir M. Stump is up for some serious thrashing at the hands of the righties :D

With Shoaib,Waqar,McGrath and Kallis and Sachin,Sehwag,Ponting and gang anong the righties, I think the lefties are doomed and can only be saved if Lara comes good or Gilchrist kicks it up a notch.

[Edited on 7/24/02 by aussie_beater]

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
The teams look pretty good. I would probably change Andy Flower for Ganguly.

Just a couple of changes for Scorpio's teams. Rod Marsh is left handed and Boycott is right handed.

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
The teams look pretty good. I would probably change Andy Flower for Ganguly.

Just a couple of changes for Scorpio's teams. Rod Marsh is left handed and Boycott is right handed.
Are u sure boycs is right handed ? wow..i must be way off then. i was under the impression that he is a lefty...

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Geoff Boycott a leftie ?? are you kidding me......that would be uglier then even Alan Border :D

[Edited on 7/24/02 by aussie_beater]

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd like to see Shayne O'Connor bowl in the same ideal swing conditions as Ashish Nehra.

I think along with Damien Fleming, O'Connor is one of the best controllers of swing & he gets plenty aswell.

sir middle stump

School Boy/Girl Captain
i sure could'nt find any good leftie bowlers other than wasim.....guess the bowling settles the issue by itself ,and i do agree that the rightie batting also has an edge over the leftie batting

sir middle stump

School Boy/Girl Captain
i was just wondering ...except a couple of changes like sehwag and bevan being left out..wouldnt the corresponding test sides be similar?
yeah.......andy flower should probably replace ganguly...atleast for the test side,if not the odi's

Kimbo

International Debutant
how bout bert sutcliffe. he was a leftie. hmm... how good was he? i don't know but he was pretty bloody famous in nz.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I would put the same as 'sir middle stump' other than have Ganguly bracketed with flower or Fleming

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Ponting would captain the right handers and if fleming was in he would captain the Left handers. If he wasn't Ganguly or Gilchrist would.

Kimbo

International Debutant
once again...reminding all.....only current international players considered
ah sorry... sometimes i don't read things fully.

what about brian lara.. he was captain for a while, wasnt that good at it though was he