• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone watch England away in football AND cricket?

JackRussellsHat

Cricket Spectator
If so, please tell me how you can afford it because it's something I would like to be able to manage aswell, both financially and in terms of holiday time, at the moment all I'm managing is football away and most England cricket at home. Even watching the England football team abroad is taking it's toll on the old holiday time and to a certain extent on the old reddies.

So just out of curiosity does anyone manage it?

Swervy

International Captain
JackRussellsHat said:
If so, please tell me how you can afford it because it's something I would like to be able to manage aswell, both financially and in terms of holiday time, at the moment all I'm managing is football away and most England cricket at home. Even watching the England football team abroad is taking it's toll on the old holiday time and to a certain extent on the old reddies.

Spend your money on watch the cricket abroad...what is the point of going to some place like Turkmanistan or something just to watch a bunch of overpaid arses who dont appear to have any idea of what playing for your country means, draw 2-2. 90mins of pure frustration for an England fan

At least the England cricket team seem to show some spirit, whether winning or losing..and you would get to go to much nicer places whilst watching them!!!!

JackRussellsHat

Cricket Spectator
too true about nice places to go, but since I've been going away with the footie team (since the start of 2004) I've been to some really nice places and only 1 s**t hole (Poland), Portugal (both times), Sweden and Vienna were great places, great people and just attractive places to be.

Personally, I just put football first, I've just always had more of a passion for it, thing is, I'd like to be able to do both, if I ever have the cash and time for that it'll be well worth it. If anyone does manage it at the moment, how have you afforded it?

Swervy

International Captain
JackRussellsHat said:
too true about nice places to go, but since I've been going away with the footie team (since the start of 2004) I've been to some really nice places and only 1 s**t hole (Poland), Portugal (both times), Sweden and Vienna were great places, great people and just attractive places to be.

Personally, I just put football first, I've just always had more of a passion for it, thing is, I'd like to be able to do both, if I ever have the cash and time for that it'll be well worth it. If anyone does manage it at the moment, how have you afforded it?
I reckon you should go wandering the streets...find a paving stone that is sticking up a bit..trip over..sue the council, get some compo and go on the sick.

that should do it :D

JackRussellsHat

Cricket Spectator
Swervy said:
I reckon you should go wandering the streets...find a paving stone that is sticking up a bit..trip over..sue the council, get some compo and go on the sick.

that should do it :D
:laugh: :laugh:

good idea!

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
JackRussellsHat said:

I've always wondered how that guy that follows the Australian cricket team around everywhere manages to pay for it all! But I don't know the answer, so I can't tell you infortunately...haha

Craig

World Traveller
He actually once wrote a foreward to one of Steve Waugh's tour dairy's, I have the Steve Waugh 1999-00 tour dairy at home, and the rest I have hired from the libery, so I can't quite remember.

Waughney

International Debutant
Craig said:
He actually once wrote a foreward to one of Steve Waugh's tour dairy's, I have the Steve Waugh 1999-00 tour dairy at home, and the rest I have hired from the libery, so I can't quite remember.
I have the book too, but I don't remember him saying anything about how he travels. Must have a very flexible, well paying job or is just part of a rich family.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Son Of Coco said:
I've always wondered how that guy that follows the Australian cricket team around everywhere manages to pay for it all! But I don't know the answer, so I can't tell you infortunately...haha
Why are you so curious? Some people just have more money than others. Simple as.

Waughney

International Debutant
a massive zebra said:
Why are you so curious? Some people just have more money than others. Simple as.
Mmmm...no, how does he get that money? I'm sure it's a lot peoples dream to travel the world and watch their team play cricket, so why wouldn't you be curious.

Craig

World Traveller
Waughney said:
I have the book too, but I don't remember him saying anything about how he travels. Must have a very flexible, well paying job or is just part of a rich family.
It would be in the 98-99 or The Tour of India, England, the Tours by NZ, South Africa, and the tour of South Africa.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Waughney said:
Mmmm...no, how does he get that money? I'm sure it's a lot peoples dream to travel the world and watch their team play cricket, so why wouldn't you be curious.
Own a successful company...have an executive job...rich family...the list is endless. I know a number of people who travel the world, and two in particular do so to watch their team play cricket.

Waughney

International Debutant
Craig said:
It would be in the 98-99 or The Tour of India, England, the Tours by NZ, South Africa, and the tour of South Africa.
I've got all of them, but the travel guy's foreward was in the '99 World Cup diary.

Waughney

International Debutant
a massive zebra said:
Own a successful company...have an executive job...rich family...the list is endless. I know a number of people who travel the world, and two in particular do so to watch their team play cricket.
yes, we know there are a number of options, but which one?
two in particular do so to watch their team play cricket
I'm sure JackRussellsHat and a lot of people would like to know how?

Craig

World Traveller
Waughney said:
I've got all of them, but the travel guy's foreward was in the '99 World Cup diary.
Then you will find it in there then.

Because I have read it as well.