• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

warwickshire player allegedly takes mind/body altering substances(bad lad)..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He's played a few one-day games and has been every bit as poor as he was before he took part in The Academy.
Thus proving once again that education can do nought for hopeless cases...

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
My point is I don't see why it is.

What Cricketing benefit does he gain?
Cricketers are role models too...so if they take any drugs they should be banned. What sort of message would it be sending to young cricket fans if he could take cocaine and be allowed to carry on playing regardless.

This isnt the reason it is banned tho, the main reason is that cocaine is a stimulant, which stops the feeling
of tiredness and makes you more alert amoung other things. So is banned.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
In other words it's them thinking they know better than the game.
No, in other words, they've watched him and judged him a promising young cricketer, whereas you've watched his scores and decided he's rubbish.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Which he is.
Whether he could make improvements is another matter.
But personally I'd go for not.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Have you actually seen him?

Have you seen him as much as the selectors have?

Or have you just looked at the scorebook and decided he's rubbish?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I haven't looked at him as much as the selectors have, no.
I have watched him bowl (never watched him bat) and there wasn't much to suggest to me that the stats were inaccurate.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So in spite of not watching him as much as the selectors, you feel you know more about him than them...