• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First to score an ODI double century

FRAZ

International Captain
Nope , Murali , He is due !!
or Sarwan or trust me after being droped 5 times Shahid Afridi !!!

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
Barney Rubble said:
Sorry Fraz I posted straight after misspelling the thread name by accident!! lol sorry! :D
No problem my friend and accident caught fire ehh. enjoy

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Wow this thread has gone nuts everyone editing their posts to adjust to the others - its quite funny, it makes no sense now!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I always thought that Churchy would be the one - but I'm going to suggest that Trescothick just might be the man.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
It will happen at some point, who will it be? My guess is Flintoff or SRT.
Flintoff would lose something like 10 overs which is a lot. I would say, SRT, Sehwag, Gilchrist or Gayle

FRAZ

International Captain
what if . World cup final b/w Australia and Srilanka . Australia makes 363 and Srilanka tries Murali at number three and hits sensational 6 's to Shane and there we go . we got a record book to modify ehh .
Murali must have dreamed that ehh . lol

Barney Rubble

International Coach
FRAZ said:
what if . World cup final b/w Australia and Srilanka . Australia makes 363 and Srilanka tries Murali at number three and hits sensational 6 's to Shane and there we go . we got a record book to modify ehh .
Murali must have dreamed that ehh . lol
haha....Murali 7-61 & 203*, 98 balls, 20x4, 15x6 - best performance ever......

this is getting slightly unrealistic! :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Barney Rubble said:
It will happen at some point, who will it be? My guess is Flintoff or SRT.
Hate to disappoint you all :D but its already happened. :confused1 :smartass:

Belinda Clark 229 n.o. Australia V Denmark 16 December 1997, Mumbai :p :laughing: :kicking:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
It is practically out of reach. You not only have to have the power, but also the concentration. Not to mention you need to get as many overs as possible. A very good balance is needed, as well as a batting side that scores next to nothing and just rotates the striek to the double centurion.

pskov

International 12th Man
It will almost certainly have to be an opener or a no.3 just so they can bat 45+ overs. Gilchrist or Tendulkar will do it I think.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
If Andrew Symonds can hit 112 off 43 balls like he did in a Twenty20 game for Kent this year, then I wouldn't say 200 in 50 overs is out of reach - all it would take was for someone to go out with an Afridi-like "let's smash every ball out of the park" attitude and get a lot of luck - they would only need to face 80-100 balls if they were really attacking, so a no4 or 5 would be capable of doing it I think.

However, it will be an incredible achievement if and when it happens. I still haven't seen Ali Brown's 268 for Surrey against Glamorgan two years ago (anyone know where I can?) but by all accounts it was the most spectacular one-day innings ever played (don't want to start a debate about that, it's just what people who saw it have said), and any double-hundred in an ODI would surely rival that for its sheer audacity.

Maybe Chris Gayle could do it, he seems fairly carefree and is certainly extremely talented - if he gets in the mood one day he could just go bananas and smash some unfortunate attack to pieces. Also he's an opener which helps.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't see Gayle doing it, I think he's fairly poor once the field goes back even against average bowling. I would think Sehwag is probably favourite to do it first, against Bangladesh or Zimbawbe on one of those 300+ pitches. However if England decide to open with Flintoff he's certainly capable. That England, Australia and Bangladesh triangular tournament next June will provide a few people with the chance of hitting a double-ton.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
That England, Australia and Bangladesh triangular tournament next June will provide a few people with the chance of hitting a double-ton.
Hannan Sarkar? Habibul Bashar?