• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How come...

pskov

International 12th Man
...every thread here eventually evolves into a pointless, multi-page argument between Richard/tooextracool/marc71178 (choose two from three)? It is just intensly irritating to see a new thread with an intresting topic but by the time I've found it it has already run completley off topic and transformed into above said condition.

Richard/tooextracool/marc71178: please do not contrive to turn this thread into an argument. That would be irritatingly ironic.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree entirely, I don't mind the last 2 but Richard just posts dozens of replies in a row at such a rate that you wonder whether he even bothered to confer with his brain before churning the replies out. I suggest clicking on the ID name on the left and adding them to an ignore list, it's not ideal but it's better than nothing.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
It's just the way it goes...
someone makes smart-arsed comment...one of the three(usually Richard) decides it's wrong and tries to re-educate smart-a*** into his way of cricket thinking...TEC and/or marc disagree with it(I think it's just for the sake of it)...thread evolves into your "pointless, multi-page argument"...none of the three will back down and strive harder to get their views across...as neither backs down, thread, sorry-argument, goes on forever

...you can't do anything about it. Besides, I like these arguments, without them CW would be boring(well, not boring, but more boring than with them)

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
pskov said:
Richard/tooextracool/marc71178: please do not contrive to turn this thread into an argument. That would be irritatingly ironic.
I think we should, just to annoy him! :p Richard, you're the master of this stuff, would you like to do the honours?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The problems come from the like of these Scaly piscine types, who dismiss out-of-hand the unconventional because they can't take their long-fond-held ideas being questioned.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
pskov said:
It is just intensly irritating to see a new thread with an intresting topic but by the time I've found it it has already run completley off topic and transformed into above said condition.
All topics evolve, very fast.
If you can't keep up, check the boards more regularly.
Title-topics don't usually stay for much more than 1 page - except *Official* Threads. Once you get about a page on a one-off subject it starts to get very, very boring.
And in any case, just because there are off-topic posts further down, doesn't mean you can't still reply to earlier on-topic posts, now, does it?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
**** off, Richard

(Just to let you know I'm not totally illiterate - aka 'Yorkshire' - I typed four asterisks as a jape)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I must say that I do see Richard's point on occasion, but seldom agree with it. Still, I can see where he's coming from and appreciate that he believes what he believes.

tooextracool

International Coach
pskov said:
...every thread here eventually evolves into a pointless, multi-page argument between Richard/tooextracool/marc71178 (choose two from three)? It is just intensly irritating to see a new thread with an intresting topic but by the time I've found it it has already run completley off topic and transformed into above said condition.

and you have a problem with scrolling up the page and replying to any of the older posts or even making your own comment? i dont think any of us mind if you post something in the middle of our argument that has no relation to the argument but is related to the topic of the thread.....the should shoaib akthar be dropped thread shows that.....
if you cant keep up with whats going on in the thread then its entirely your fault, and you are welcome to ignore any or all of us if you need to.

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Yes it's annoying, I don't see why they need to post their messages one after the other after the other etc. Think for a few mintues, then post, then go do something else.

tooextracool

International Coach
and who says we dont think before we post? just because we happen to be able to post a lot quicker than what you would be able to ,doesnt mean that we dont think it out.
and i personally dont think posting one after another is annoying, because ive never found it hard to scroll up and go back a few pages.....

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Im actually going to go the other way and say im fine with marc and Richard, particularly Richard, because both their arguments/points are interesting, accurate posts. Richard is the only person I can argue sensibly with.

Tooextracool however, he seems to always do these loooong boring, incorrect posts which seem to have about 50 quotes in them etc. It does get a bit annoying, although Richard does it as well, most of the time hes right.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Well, I guess there are the theorists who want to create an algebraic equation for everything including this game of ours and then there are the ones who watch the universe (and the game) and see and form their opinions. Not sure which one is correct but I prefer the latter given the phrase "glorious uncertainties" fits this game more then anything else and cannot be defined by equations or such.....although soccer has gone the same way without the glorious part after those damn "Grecians" won the Euro. :@ :@ :@ :@ The theorists need more space and these boards provide enough of that and I don't really begrudge any of that although I can't ever agree to the dross like McGrath and Pollock are two lucky *******s or Sachin has been the most over rated batsman ever and stuff like that.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr. P said:
Im actually going to go the other way and say im fine with marc and Richard, particularly Richard, because both their arguments/points are interesting, accurate posts. Richard is the only person I can argue sensibly with.

Tooextracool however, he seems to always do these loooong boring, incorrect posts which seem to have about 50 quotes in them etc. It does get a bit annoying, although Richard does it as well, most of the time hes right.
I agree with your thoughts 100%. :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Macka said:
Yes it's annoying, I don't see why they need to post their messages one after the other after the other etc. Think for a few mintues, then post, then go do something else.
That is a very good point. Richard had something like 19 out of 20 a couple of days ago - the one non-Richardy one was by me telling him that he'd just posted 14 times on the trot in a single thread.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It is annoying when someone does that sort of thing - I appreciate that sometimes it's almost inevitable and he's not the only culprit.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
It is annoying when someone does that sort of thing - I appreciate that sometimes it's almost inevitable and he's not the only culprit.
And quoting yourself is something which is annoying too - and leaving huge spaces in the middle of your messages.

But at least I'm funny.

Deja moo

International Captain
So this is officially an off topic thread in cricket chat ?

it wouldnt be complete without a spat .

Someone call someone an idiot . now .