• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PwC Ratings

Swervy

International Captain
ODI Batting

1 +5 Andrew Flintoff ENG 768 36.07
2 -1 Sachin Tendulkar IND 765 45.02
3 -1 Jacques Kallis SA 757 46.00
4 -1 Ricky Ponting AUS 748 41.90
5 Chris Gayle WI 747 40.31
6 -2 Adam Gilchrist AUS 744 35.69
7 +2 Ramnaresh Sarwan WI 738 47.52
7 +4 Andrew Symonds AUS 738 38.76 2004
9 +3 Yousuf Youhana PAK 726 42.50
10 -3 Matthew Hayden AUS 722 42.07
11 -3 Stephen Fleming NZ 709 32.30
12 -2 Kumar Sangakkara SL 703 33.01
13 +4 Marcus Trescothick ENG 674 37.03
14 Brian Lara WI 671 42.27
14 -1 Sanath Jayasuriya SL 671 31.90
14 +5 Rahul Dravid IND 671 39.29
17 -2 Yasir Hameed PAK 666 41.97
18 -2 Michael Bevan AUS 663 53.58
19 +3 Damien Martyn AUS 649 41.47
20 Graeme Smith SA 648 37.64

ODI Bowling
1 Chaminda Vaas SL 861 26.13
2 Muttiah Muralitharan SL 854 22.14
3 Shaun Pollock SA 853 23.70
4 Jason Gillespie AUS 835 23.50
5 Jacob Oram NZ 803 27.76
6 Glenn McGrath AUS 802 22.52
7 Andrew Flintoff ENG 763 24.00
8 Brett Lee AUS 740 22.47
9 Makhaya Ntini SA 730 23.30
10 +1 Heath Streak ZIM 716 29.46
11 -1 Darren Gough ENG 715 25.75
12 Harbhajan Singh IND 707 28.12
13 Nuwan Zoysa SL 692 28.66
14 James Anderson ENG 680 24.40
15 Daryl Tuffey NZ 677 29.09
16 +3 Shoaib Akhtar PAK 675 22.22
17 +5 Irfan Pathan IND 667 24.93
18 -1 Shoaib Malik PAK 666 34.11
19 -3 Mohammad Sami PAK 664 25.62
20 +1 Chris Gayle WI 662 28.67

ODI Allrounders
1 Andrew Flintoff ENG
2 Chris Gayle WI
3 Shaun Pollock SA
4 Jacques Kallis SA
5 Andrew Symonds AUS

Mingster

State Regular
Flintoff deserves it.

Good to see Oram at 5th, been NZ's best ODI bowler easily for the past year.

Mingster

State Regular
I'm sure Richard will say that these ratings are all RUBBISH.

Because mainly he does not understand the purpose of these ratings, which is to rate form. Richard has quite a hard time understanding this.

He will also say that Jacob Oram is a pile of rubbish as well.

shaka

International Regular
Is there a reason why Heath Streak increased his ranking to the top 10 even though he has not played international cricket for a while now?
It is good to see kiwis doing well, too bad about playing Australia in order to make the next round of the CT

masterblaster

International Captain
Well done to Andrew Flintoff! Certainly deserving of the number 1 crown in ODI batting.
But, here's hoping Sachin Tendulkar comes back from his tennis elbow better than ever and reclaims the top spot. ;)

:)

Swervy

International Captain
shaka said:
Is there a reason why Heath Streak increased his ranking to the top 10 even though he has not played international cricket for a while now?
It is good to see kiwis doing well, too bad about playing Australia in order to make the next round of the CT
his points didnt increase its just Gough dropped a bit

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mingster said:

Oh come on Mingster, everyone knows that he's useless and the whole NZ attack are worse than Zimbabwe's!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Oh come on Mingster, everyone knows that he's useless and the whole NZ attack are worse than Zimbabwe's!
Are you ever going to understand that I've never said that?
The bowling Das scored his runs against was comparable to that which Chopra scored his against.
And I've provided the evidence as to why I think that. You've tried your usual tack of "you're not allowed to break down figures but I am, because I don't want you showing stuff I don't believe to be true, but I'm allowed to show stuff I believe to be true" (eg Nehra's relatively poor World Cup).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mingster said:
I'm sure Richard will say that these ratings are all RUBBISH.

Because mainly he does not understand the purpose of these ratings, which is to rate form. Richard has quite a hard time understanding this.
Oh, I understand all right sonny, and as far as I'm concerned the attempted task is a wholly pointless, totally impossible one. So hence they're worth sod-all.
No, but I will say that he's overrated as far as I'm concerned.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's great for Flintoff, and thoroughly well deserved. The man's a star. :)

I also found Gayle's second spot on the allrounder list interesting. Very useful cricketer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gayle's been top plenty of times recently (apparently, anyway - so everyone has been saying, haven't actually looked myself) and he's certainly more than "useful" - he's pure class in the one-day game and a very, very good bowler to boot.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
Gayle's been top plenty of times recently (apparently, anyway - so everyone has been saying, haven't actually looked myself) and he's certainly more than "useful" - he's pure class in the one-day game and a very, very good bowler to boot.
Yes indeed - and cool to boot.

a massive zebra

International Captain
My most heartily congratulations, but may one point out that Frederick is only top of the batting ratings because Tendulkar has not been playing.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
a massive zebra said:
My most heartily congratulations, but may one point out that Frederick is only top of the batting ratings because Tendulkar has not been playing.
Who's to say Shoaib wouldn't have got him for a duck?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
a massive zebra said:
At this rate Freddie will go above 800 because the current rating will still factor in a fair few of his games before July 2003 which was about the point when his rating really started to pick up.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
a massive zebra said:
Sachin's rating has been in decline, has it not?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
Are you ever going to understand that I've never said that?
The bowling Das scored his runs against was comparable to that which Chopra scored his against.
Until you actually look at the players from the 2 sides that is.

It's part of this "superb" (4 wins in 43, 3 of which don't count) Zimbabwe theory you seem to have.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And wins (or draws) don't come into how good the bowlers are - what matters is how well they have bowled.
And in my opinion, while I haven't seen all the respective bowlers bowl every ball of their careers, they are all about equal in ability in the respective conditions.