• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PwC Ratings

Mingster

State Regular
Oram isn't overrated with the bat. In ODIs he has struggled to score runs, but in Tests he has lived up to his reputation. Average of 40 now.

tooextracool

International Coach
Mingster said:
Oram isn't overrated with the bat. In ODIs he has struggled to score runs, but in Tests he has lived up to his reputation. Average of 40 now.
and these are the pwc ODI ratings arent they?

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I certainly wouldn't ask Kallis to bowl 10 overs if I were Smith. He's their best batsman by some way and a crucial part of their batting success. You don't want to burden him.
Oh come on your making it sound like he is a part-timer, he has done it for much of his career, and will probably continue to do so, until a) he gives away bowling completely b) he retires.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
The thing about Gayle and Flintoff is that they offer a genuine 10 over option, but are also good enough to bat in the top order, and thus allow 4 other 10 over options.

No other side has such a player IMO.
Andrew Symonds?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Oh come on your making it sound like he is a part-timer, he has done it for much of his career, and will probably continue to do so, until a) he gives away bowling completely b) he retires.
He's rarely bowled 10 overs recenlty

8 times in his last 50 matches he has bowled his full ten

And you have to got back to 2001 against Australia when he's bowled 10 overs and made a significant contribution with the bat, and that was batting first.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
a massive zebra said:
As already said, I wouldn't trust him to bowl 10 overs.

Personally I don't think his bowling is good enough to class him the best all rounder any more.

Craig

World Traveller
superkingdave said:
He's rarely bowled 10 overs recenlty

8 times in his last 50 matches he has bowled his full ten
So what that is 42 times out of 50 he has bowled a full 10 overs?

Mingster

State Regular
tooextracool said:
and these are the pwc ODI ratings arent they?
Can't you read?

I said Oram has failed to deliver with his ODI batting, but he has potential, maybe down the line he can follow his Test success where he has an average of 40 into the ODIs. 8-)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
As has been explained above, Kallis has not done it recently and will thus likely not do it until he retires.

tooextracool

International Coach
Mingster said:
Can't you read?

I said Oram has failed to deliver with his ODI batting, but he has potential, maybe down the line he can follow his Test success where he has an average of 40 into the ODIs. 8-)
and until he delivers in ODIs he cant be said to be anything but overrated....thats like saying vaughan or slater for that matter were not overrated in ODIs because they had the potential to play better than what they actually did. i dont rate someone based on how much potential they have,i rate them on performance.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mingster said:
Styris has bowled 7 times 9+ overs in the past 14 matches.
Twice actually.

His figures with the ball wouldn't put him in the 10 over category, and his inconsistency with the bat wouldn't put him in the top 5 position.

Mingster

State Regular
marc71178 said:
His figures with the ball wouldn't put him in the 10 over category, and his inconsistency with the bat wouldn't put him in the top 5 position.
He bats 4 for NZ.