Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Weirdest Backyard Rule?

If ur caught directly or on first bounce u r out...If u hit the ball directly in the garden which was close by u're out...hit the ball directly in neighbour's house,u're out...no runs on leg side...they were not high scoring games,but was great fun and improved our defence technique!
    Member Of AAAS

Supporter of:
    Liverpool FC
    Ferrari F1
    Iron Maiden (Bombay.Feb 1st,2008...I was there)
    UP THE IRONS !!!

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Outside
    If you Hit the ball onto the roof, and it doesn't fall off, then you're out (c) Rayne Guttre, if you hit the ball into my mum's horrid ferns and you couldn't find it, you're out, if you can it's 6. If you knick the ball onto the wall, you're out (c) by B. Rick Waller in the slips. (This was before we'd even heard of Pop Idol, btw.)

In indoor cricket, (played with the baby bat, and a soft sponge ball)
    If you hit the PC monitor, you get 1 & out
    Smashing the ball into the cupboard behind the bowler on the bounce earns you a whole 1, on the full gets you 2, but you can be out if the bowler catches the ball with one hand.
    Any touching of glass results in an immediate -1 and out.
    Knicks onto the cupboard behind, yes you guessed it, out (c) C. Board
    Cutting it past the door, and into the fridge got a 2
    Cutting it past the door, past the fridge and into the passage before the lounge (it's about a 5 degree window) is a massive 4 runs, if it goes past the lounge, no boundry, you have to run (better than a 4, 'running' is stretching across a 3m pictch, you can get 9 or 10 by the time the ball gets back)
    Running 1 pace is stupid, make runs by stretching across to the other end

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Also, if you hit the ball over B. Rick Waller, you were out, and had to get it back, however if the nice old man next door was around, and threw it back, it's 4. If you managed to run the ball off the top bricks of the wall, it was an extra 2, but subject to the above rule. The wall was also admonished for dropping a catch. We were a bit looney.

If you hit the ball straight and over the far wall though, it was straight out. That old man wasn't so nice, and he had mean dog. This rule was more to discourage my cousin, who was tons better than any of us.

That used to be fun.

Our rule is that if the ball goes over the fence it is stumps until the neighbour takes his dogs for a walk so we can jump the fence and get the ball back.

We also have the rule that if two consecutive fours or two consecutive sixes go into the garden across the road it is out

Our third rule is a little like the Australian DOmestic ING sign contest... hitting the roof or the letterbox across the road on the full wins the batter a coke from the bowler
    [QANTAS announcement]
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we are at 35,000 feet. Please hold onto your wallets, we're flying over New Zealand

Cricket Spectator
    We play with one hand one bounce, tipity, bat down, auto keeper and once even played if you hit in the air you can distract the person trying to catch as long as you don't touch them. MEaning you could wave the bat in their face if it went straight up.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Hit A little wheel mounted on a tree on the full - 20 runs
    Hit A little wheel mounted on a tree on the bounce - 10 runs
    Hit it in the Pegs basket - 50 runs
    Unlimitted head hunters!

GAME ON!
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

In our area. If you lose the ball you are out and you immediatly go and buy a new one. If you hit the lamp post its eight runs.

If you hit in the river you have to fetch it, and hitting a tent on the full is 12 runs

When your playing with crap players, you have to bat left handed and bowl left handed. I had many troubles with that rule

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    hit it onto the road on the full its out.
    if it bounces before the road and crosses the road its a four
    if it completely clears the road its a six.

Two2

A variant of Twenty20. Each person has 2 overs and unlimited wickets to slog as many as they can.

Onto a roof without losing it: 12
    Onto a roof losing it: 2 and out
    Out: -5
    Over a fence: Out
    Car windscreen when people out: 10 (Out if it smashes)
    No more than 3 bouncers in an innings
    Shot over your head and over roof (tennis style): 10

Apart from that normal fours and sixes

My Backyard

Attention, this might be long, but I have put together something incredible for any backyard cricket lover, it might be long, but enjoy the report and photographs

Backyard Cricket has been in the Robinson household for over 5 years now. The two veterens of the game is the great big teenager Michael Robinson while the 10 year-old youngster with plenty of resiliance is Glenn Robinson, who both have played over 400 BC Matches in there short careers.

Our backyard might not consist of too many rules, which makes the game much more statistical in my point of view. We get more overs in and reward ourselves with a much better batting average.

Our "six and out" rule is seen as 3 sixes in a row, or over the neighbours fence (20 meters down the ground with a huge tree that normally blocks the route) is the option to get out the aggressive way.

Not only do we have an "Auto Keeper" but we have the whole slips cordon, any edge behind on the off side to the brick wall is out.

Now to the pitch. Tony Greig would have a pleasure testing out this 20 year old pitch. It is hard and true, but has plenty of cracks, normally representing rectangular shapes. The pitch is not straight, but is close enough. This pitch is certainly a spinners heaven. Plenty of turn with either the new or old ball, and the ants nests in the wet weather certainly give you the rough patches.

Our young no.1 fan, "Leo" has provided us with some photographs of this great pitch on the Beacy Backyard Cricket Ground, and couldn't help to put a picture in of himself.

hope everyone enjoyed this report and pictorial on a great backyard cricket masterpiece.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hexxagon Champion!
    Good work

You need to expand and internationalise the game beyond just 2 BC entities.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Cricket Spectator
    Lmao, i had the perfect cricket pitch, but then we moved havent played since.

State Vice-Captain membersstand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baconator
    ball in plantpot= 10 runs
    That's out in ours

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information