• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tatenda Taibu

Langeveldt

Soutie
Okay he is a good wicket keeper who has had an awful lot to deal with both on and off the cricket pitch...

However I am not a great fan of him being so over rated by many.. To be honest, If he was an Aussie, a Kiwi, or a Saffer we would all be calling for his head, saying he isnt a good enough batsman, not good enough for the top stage

"Is there anything this man cant do?" Was a quote from Cricinfo recently... I couldnt quite believe my eyes, maybe this is one guy who has benifited from the Zimbabwe fiasco?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yes however that may be true lets face the fact that they dont have anyone better.

and besides he is playing in a tewam that he is way above the standard of the rest of the team.
in a similar fashionj to lara and the west indues.

Langeveldt

Soutie
sledger said:
yes however that may be true lets face the fact that they dont have anyone better.

and besides he is playing in a tewam that he is way above the standard of the rest of the team.
in a similar fashionj to lara and the west indues.
Agreed with your point, but Lara would shine in pretty much any cricket team ever.. Not so with Taibu, and Lara seems to be the one under more criticism..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
very true but the fact remains thtat taibu isnt and doesnt claim to be anywahere as good as lara in any form of the game.

But ironically even if he were as good as lara would he still be subject to this critisism anyway?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
The reason everyone critices Lara and Taibu gets praised, is that Lara's "been there, done it and should know better than to make some mistake whenever West Indies lose"
Whilst Taibu is the young hope, and we all know the media love build people up into "wonderkids" e.g. Juda- oops, I mean Rooney

Waughney

International Debutant
He is one of the best keepers going around (in terms of technique). He is carrying a lot of weight on his shoulders and is doing a fine job. But I do have to agree in that people may be going over the top sometimes......

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Certainly I feel very sorry for him, but yes, I do think he quite often gets over-praised.