• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aussies threatening to cancel India tour

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well the fact that they can't even provide the third umpire with replays unless the television wrangle is resolved surely means its inconsequential as the matches cant go ahead without the replays?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah...unless the court comes up with a decision fast, the tour looks like being postponed at the very least.... :(

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Good !! BCCI an organization led by that nincompoop Dalmiya deserves this. They cant get one thing right. One Look before every tournament and you will see there is a problem. It started from last Champs trophy after Dalmiya took over.

Its really shameful !!!.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
o dear thats not good at all.

lets hope it gets resolved soon or we wont get to see the aussies thrashed

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
if it gets postponed it gets postponed, not much anyone can do about it now, does mean that the Aussie players will get a few extra state games this season

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sledger said:
o dear thats not good at all.

lets hope it gets resolved soon or we wont get to see the aussies thrashed
So are you suggesting that it's your only chance to see it? I.e it won't happen in the Ashes?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
superkingdave said:
Well the fact that they can't even provide the third umpire with replays unless the television wrangle is resolved surely means its inconsequential as the matches cant go ahead without the replays?
That's not a problem, just go back to how it was 20 years ago when there was no third umpire.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Tea Storm Cup

Slow news day today do you think?
Well, I am sure it is. But before every series there is a confusion, take for example the SA test series there was doubt over no. of tests or ODIs, before that the ambush marketting in world cup, ambush marketting in ICC 2002 (and again in 2004), Some problem in Pakistan tour.

It is getting boring now.

anzac

International Debutant
and I see in another article that he is possibly looking to be nominated for a 4th term by exploiting a loophole re zonal nominations..........

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Any updates on this?
Last I heard they'd reopened the bidding and the company who'd been given it originally were challenging that in court.
Unless it gets sorted very soon, the tour starts - we've got an awkward set of circumstances.
"Match abandoned due to lack of TV coverage" - new one.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, these things have a way of working themselves out in India (remember how close the Sehwag-match-ban incident came to causing a match to have Test-status withdrawn, a match pulled-out of, a tour cancelled, and another tour de-scripted as a result?)
In the end, Dalmiya backed-down.
Hopefully something of that kind will happen now.

biased indian

International Coach
Richard said:
In the end, Dalmiya backed-down.
Hopefully something of that kind will happen now.
i think one or both of the companies will ahveto back down this time as they are causing all the problem :@