• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

An Ageing Indian Side

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even in the subcontinent I've seen Raina struggle against the short ball badly, which makes me doubt his test credentials. Rohit has better all round technique but Raina does have an awesome cover drive.

Regarding the ageing Indians, loved seeing Tendulkar, Dravid and Kumble put in the best performances in the IPL today, especially Dravid, he should have flipped off the selectors when he got the MoM award.
Tendulkar was an interesting one. I didn't see the match, but the way it was being talked about i thought he'd smashed a hundred, but from the scorecard it was just a fairly-useful knock. I imagine it was indescribably beautiful, but it doesn't convince me that players like Tendulkar are in the top tier of T20 cricketers. When he succeeds you get a reasonable 60 or 70 with a strike rate of 120-odd and when he fails (when Hayden holds his catches) you get a quite damaging 3 off 11.

That said, maybe new ball tactics will be different this time round because it's in South Africa. Technically correct players could find their place in a lot more games.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Harbhajan is the one who has replaced Kumble. Whoever the ,and did a much better job in NZ than Anil would have (with all due respect to his bowling). Whoever is the new spinner has to fill the space vaccated by Bhajji .
AWTA. z

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I like the looks of Rohit Sharma as a long term prospect for the team. He can be the player who replaces Tendulkar at no. 4 and while he can't do as good a job as Tendulkar (a similar case occured with Bradman's replacement who was good but was never given due credit), I believe that he can play the role of a number 4 very well. He has the makings of a very good player from whatever I have seen of him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I would have him at 6,tbh... If and when the trinity retire, I would like to see Yuvraj at 4, Badri at 5 and Rohit at 6...

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Haha stop talking crap!! Your posts reek of your ignorance..time and again.The guy got 4 runs in 3 balls that he played in the entire series and you claim to have found him struggling against the bouncing ball.Good in subcontinent?? Did you see what he just did in NZ? And the guy has played 10 innings outside the subcontinent!! This is ignorance at its peak..though maybe not by your standards going by your other posts on this board.
If you say raina does not struggle agianst the short ball then either you are blind or do not
watch cricket.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
still not confident about Raina.. With Rohit, it seems more a temperamental issue than any big technical one.. Raina, with the way he grips the bat, really worries about playing the short quick stuff... Not just real short, juz anything at above waist high at decent pace...

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
still not confident about Raina.. With Rohit, it seems more a temperamental issue than any big technical one.. Raina, with the way he grips the bat, really worries about playing the short quick stuff... Not just real short, juz anything at above waist high at decent pace...
He plays the ball which is up to his chest well as he gets under the ball and pulls it,his problem is when the ball is over head ,but that is the case with many young batsman
but his driving both of backfoot,frontfoot and timing is pleasure to watch.