• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World's tallest/shortest cricketers

Barney Rubble

International Coach
With the 6ft 10in monster Will Jefferson having a great season for Essex this year, it made me wonder how many other cricketers in the world are as tall as he is, and whether there are any ridiculously short ones - players like SRT, BCL and Ponting, all around the 5ft 6in region, are commonplace, but is there a 5ft cricketer? Or a 7ft one?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmm...Agarkar, Harvinder Singh, Charitha Buddika and Robin Singh junior, or even Suresh Perera are the shortest fast bowlers so far. Not to mention Edwards and Best, bu they're taller than this lot. Oh well, slightly.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Best and Edwards are pretty small for fast bowlers, I think they're both about 5ft 8in. Not sure about Taibu but I'd hazard a guess that he's about 5ft 3in, which must make him one of the smallest around.

Mingster

State Regular
Michael Papps, Brendon McCullum and Mark Richardson are "definitely" one of the taller members of the Black Caps.

While Jacob Oram is considered quite a midget at 6'8.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
pontingrulz said:
sorry arjun you might have misread my post but i dont think harbajan is a fast bowler. whose buddika?
Charitha Buddhika Fernando, Sri Lankan seamer (rather rubbish one).
And Arjun wasn't referring to Harbhajan Singh, but Harvinder Singh, an Indian seamer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Surely Rajin Saleh is shorter than Taibu and Patel?
I mean, they had a 14-year-old guy as a mascot against South Africa and they were about the same height. You expect Ian Bishop and Graeme Smith to dwarf him (and they did) but not a 14-year-old kid to be as tall.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
And Arjun wasn't referring to Harbhajan Singh, but Harvinder Singh, an Indian seamer.
Not to mention Harbhajan's height was recorded as 6'0" on a local channel's camera.