• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Cricket Bat you own

I just wondering what sort of cricket bat you guys owned, if its any good and why you would recommend someone else to buy it. I'll go first
At the moment i have a Kookaburra Bubble King. Great bat and well worth its price tag of $250 Aust. Great bat for players who like to drive the ball. And just today i bought a Gray Nicholls Phoenix Beast which i must say is the chunckiest bat i have ever seen. Dont know how well it plays yet but it cost $375 Aust

Chubb

International Regular
I own four cricket bats, a newbery 5*, a Hunts county scoop, another Hunts County and a Kookabura bubble. I usually play with the Newbery. I get bats from my uncle, who wears two out a year and gives me them.

dro87

U19 12th Man
bats

I've got 2 newberys, a mjolinir and a caduceus 5 stars, a v600 and GN excalibur. I normally use the v600, but when i tour england with my club Capannelle Roma all the team has 2 use newber bats.. cos they sort of sponspr us... i got my bats 4 70 quid... :p

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've got a Gunn & Moore Cannon Professional, used it for both of my mightiest knocks, 12 and 12 :p.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't actually own a bat, I think the last one I had was when I was about 14 - a Gray Nicholls Size 5 something or other. Having held down the number 9-11 spot in the order for a while now I find that it is simply easier to borrow a bat from a batsman who has already been dismissed. It allows me to use something far better than I could afford if I went out and bought one myself (spent the last season going 'Pass me the V800 thanks Giles, I have some leather to punish). I did bat at about 3 in 3rd Grade though, but still managed to borrow a fairly decent bat off a mate - funny thing being that it was new and I scored about 350 runs with it and my mate scored around 70 haha.

I thought I read somewhere that bats are up around the $700 dollar mark for top of the range stuff!? When I left Oz they were 500 I think, have they really gone up this much?

Don

State Vice-Captain
well atm im flying o so single.yup no bat 4 me.i was saving money to buy a gn powerbow which costs $1860 TT but now my pop says hell buy me a bat so im hoping for something like a v500 .sumthing really light cuz that what i like.light bats and slog shots what a great mix

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ive only got 2 at the moment, my AS Falcon is my main one, is pretty light for its size, a big bow in it being a pakistani bat, some umpires in grade cricket in canberra told me it was too wide and too replace it as well..... but i like it.

my other one is a gray nichols, i took all the srickers off about a year ago, so i cant remember what type, it cost me $270 bu i only used it for half a season, just didnt like it...

deeps

International 12th Man
i've use a SG Maxstar and that was a very nice bat. Nice and chunky, but a little too heavy for me

Then I've had a CA SOMO, pakistani bat, very nice bat, one of the better ones i've played with

now i'm sponsored by kookaburra, and have been for the past year ,and use their kahuna... the nicest bat i've ever used! cost me 100 a piece (sponsorship)

i think they're around 350 or so brand new

2 pound 8 ounces for me:D

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I used to use a Hunts Limited Edition when i played. It was $400 Aussie Dollars and was used by Nick Knight and Ashley Giles... but hey does that mean much.

They have a nice light pick up on them with some good power all around the bat and they're good for cutting and pulling. i love it. it has a red handle that makes my hands go all red and sticky

FRAZ

International Captain
I always preffered , CA and IS (Ihsan sports ) , The bunch of Indians and Srilankans are using that . Its cheap too onle like hmmmmm CD$120 . And CD$ has same exchange rate as of Australian$ .

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
yea my gray nicolls GNX warrior has served me well, and since im a bowler, its done more than its job :p

deeps

International 12th Man
speaking of which, i was talking to the master bat maker for gray nicholls today. He is in perth for a few days, and was watching him make a few bats.

I had a lift of the exact same bat matty hayden uses.. and i was amazed at the light pickup on it. weighs 2 pounds 11 ounces, and feels like a 2 pound 8 ounce bat. and he explained that it's actually the distribution of weight that makes it feel like a light or heavy bat. He showed me one that weighed in at 2 pounds 6 ounces, yet felt like close to 3 pounds.

These are specifically for indian pitches (hence indian bats feel heavier), and hence the middle is lower. So all the talk about hayden using a heavy bat etc. Let me tell you,it feels like a 2 pound 8 ounce bat

just thought some of you would like to know :P

In reply to Son of Coco no the cost of the best bat in Australia is around $550 not 700. That was a MRF. The average for a top quality A grade English Willow bat is around $400 Aust. Also i forgot to mention that i also have a gunne and Moore Cannon professional which i used aas a junoir and a kookaburra ridgeback which i just bought as like a beach cricket bat. Both those bats are extremely light and are about the width of a toothpick. I also have one handcrafted jarrah cricket bat which i made myself. The only problem is it weighs about 7 pounds and sounds like its about to snap each time i hit the ball. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't use a bat very often.
The last time I used the middle of one, before my most recent innings, would have been, oh, 20 innings ago or so.
No joke, that.

Son Of Coco

Swervy said:
I bought a GN Power Bow this year....a very very sweet middle, when found that is
yeah, some bats come with the middle sold separately, you have to be careful - always ask the shop assistant if it comes supplied.

Swervy

International Captain
Son Of Coco said:
yeah, some bats come with the middle sold separately, you have to be careful - always ask the shop assistant if it comes supplied.
thats where I went wrong then this year..hehehehe

Langeveldt

Soutie
Im sponsered by Stac cricket so I have their Viper model, pads and gloves.. Which is very very nice.

Also have a GM Purist.. Thats an even nicer bat, I got my 80 (2nd highest score) with it

Also have a Bellingham and Smith fireblade and holdall I got from SA, and an SS Classic I also got there... But they are old and i just use them for nets/garden use...

Here is me in action using some of it!

Attachments

Son Of Coco

Langeveldt said:
Im sponsered by Stac cricket so I have their Viper model, pads and gloves.. Which is very very nice.

Also have a GM Purist.. Thats an even nicer bat, I got my 80 (2nd highest score) with it

Also have a Bellingham and Smith fireblade and holdall I got from SA, and an SS Classic I also got there... But they are old and i just use them for nets/garden use...

Here is me in action using some of it!
Looks like that one's going to Jersey!

Everyone one here seems to be sponsored too, what's going on!?