• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh Thread

Kent

State 12th Man
anzac said:
that's what I was referring to when I said that Harris had him covered - it means that Harris had the higher average in the OD game...........as he didn't play in the longer game last season - can't make it into the Cant State side.......
Who can't make it into the Cant side?

I think Harris topped their averages in the four-dayers last season, and his FC record is one of NZ's best of all-time.

tooextracool

International Coach
anzac said:
that's what I was referring to when I said that Harris had him covered - it means that Harris had the higher average in the OD game...........as he didn't play in the longer game last season - can't make it into the Cant State side.......
so why would you pick sinclair ahead of harris in the ODI form of the game???

Kent

State 12th Man
Just about every FC comp has a Hick-like bully - Harris is still probably NZ's version. Being based in Canterbury with typically the flattest pitches in NZ helps.

I know a lot of people believe there's a gulf in class between our domestic scene and others. I think in terms of pitches that's always been true and still is, but it's hard to say the talent isn't comparable when Andre Adams and Craig Spearman go to the UK and score run-a-ball FC tons.

tooextracool

International Coach
Kent said:
Just about every FC comp has a Hick-like bully - Harris is still probably NZ's version. Being based in Canterbury with typically the flattest pitches in NZ helps.
to be fair, hick was a fine ODI player......

bryce

International Regular
anzac said:
mate what are you talking about ? harris played in the state championship last season, and topped canterbury's batting and bowling averages, averaging 58 and 16.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed....Adams has never ever looked like scoring a century for Auckland yet his first game for Essex he smashes a century.
Likewise with Spearman hitting a triple century earlier in the year...he never looked like doing that for C.D.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Not necessarily....while the North Island has alot of greenish tracks the South Island is totally the opposite, particulary Alexandra/Otago where the pitches can be absolute belters.

If I thought Adams was going to score a century anywhere, it would have been at his home ground the Eden park outer oval. It has small boundaries & the pitches are usually good for batting on.

anzac

International Debutant
bryce said:
mate what are you talking about ? harris played in the state championship last season, and topped canterbury's batting and bowling averages, averaging 58 and 16.

yep - my appologies to CZ & all - Harris' averages in BOTH forms of the game were higher than Sinclair's..............

I really must learn to stop trying to look for stats after only 4 hrs sleep....... 8-)

anzac

International Debutant
tooextracool said:
so why would you pick sinclair ahead of harris in the ODI form of the game???
because IMO Sinclair has the better technical ability for when the ball is coming onto the bat - which is the prevelant oveseas condition...........

Harris is picked as an allrounder - and his bowling is best suited for slow / low conditions...............as in any Home series & I'd play him in such circumstances.........

furthermore Harris is primarily a lower order batsman, whereas Sinclair is a top - middle order batsman........