Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowling attacks of all teams..

School Boy/Girl Captain

Bowling attacks of all teams..

If bowling alone could win the world cup ...which team would win it?

If batting alone would win the world cup which team would win it?

[Edited on 7/24/02 by sir middle stump]

Pakistan, Australia and South Africa could all win the World Cup on bowling alone.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    i agree....but what about england with a full strength attack?....gough,caddick,flintoff,giles,hoggard?

Nah I don't think so. Hoggard is too erratic and Giles isnt a great bowler, more a container in the ODI's.

Tim
    South Africa, Pakistan & Australia easily have the best bowling attacks followed by probably New Zealand on a lower scale.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Nah I don't think so. Hoggard is too erratic and Giles isnt a great bowler, more a container in the ODI's.
    Yeah, Hoggard is way too expensive in ODIs at the moment. Would say Aus and Pkn.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

I think Pakistan has the most devastating bowling attack especially in SA conditions. Waqar, Wasim, Shoaib, Razzaq(Azhar Mehmood), Shoaib Malik(Saqlain Mushtaq) is a potent attack which can threaten any of the current lineups.

Australia has the next best lineup with McGrath, Gillespie, Warne, Bichel and Lee in the front line and a host of useful bits and pieces players who can turn their arm over.

SA should be a good attack in their conditons with Pollock, Ntini, Telemachus, Kallis, Boje, Klusener, Hayward, Ngam....

The next best attack could be NZ with Bond, Cairns, Styris, Vettori, Harris and co.

England comes next with Gough, Caddick, Tudor, Flintoff, Cork and Giles.

The West Indians and Indians can be bunched together with Dillon, Collins, Cuffy, Nagamootoo... for the Windies and Khan, Nehra, Agarkar, Kumble, Harb... for the Indians.

SL has Murali and Vaas and some others like Fernando and Perera.

The other teams including Zimbabwe don't really have a bowling attack to speak of.
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Before somebody points it out, let me say that I was looking at the attacks in the perspective of the world cup.

State Vice-Captain aussie_beater's Avatar
    I would say Pak and Aus are the only teams that could win the world cup by bowling alone, if that was feasible at all.
    Flames are welcome, but beware of the *Backdraft *

Cricket Spectator

Unfortunately its not gonna be decided just by the bowlers!!

At the moment, its hard to look beyond India as far as the fav's for the WC are concerned, Aus too have a good team, but India have an edge over them!

International Debutant
    how in the world do india have an edge over australia may i ask?

we beat you in the one day series in india last year dident we and we have been beating you for the last 5 years or more.

our batting is better our bowling is way better stop getting carried away with your teams chances one series does not make a champion team.

Cricket Spectator

Sorry sir, i'm am a Lankan not an Indian, so stop saying that u are better than us.I do agree that Aus are 10 times better than Lanka.

Aus did beat India a yr back, but things have changed since then.Even Eng matches India in zIndia but fared poorly against a new looking Indian team.I do believe that without W's Aus batting is weaker than India's batting.Though Aus have a better bowling line up, but with Warne over the hill(even in his prime Indian used to r@pe him) and Binga being hell expensive, all they have is McGrath and Jason.Rest are all mediocres!

[Edited on 7/23/02 by lankadesilva]

International Debutant
    yeah BUT how does that give india an edge over Australia (mentaly)I mean we have been thrashing india for ages now certainly it would be the other way around?

I really want to see india get thrashed now witch is disapointing because they are one of my Favorite teams along with Aus and Zim.
    I just want all these indian morons who think they have a great team to shut up!! wait untill after the WC then if you win you can boast about your side with some real reason.

I wonder where are the Kiwi fans, on sports.com there were many NZ fans that were of the opinion that Aus won't even qualify for the semis of the WC!
    Though i never agreed with them, but i do agree with them on that point that NZ have the capability to outplay Aus!

International Debutant
    that was so wierd nz consistently beating aus I think most of it can be credited to Flemmings captaincy his felds were brilliant especialy to Martyn.

I dont think nz can continue the run tho Australias calss will eventualy show through.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information