• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steve Harmison pulls out of Zimbabwe tour

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pulls out

What a commendable decision from the young man, and good of England not to penalize anyone who doesnt go on what is in my opinion a tour as deplorable as the reble tours to South Africa

pskov

International 12th Man
Hopefully this wil cause others to pull out or the tour to be cancelled. Well done Harmy :thumbsup:!

Langeveldt

Soutie
pskov said:
Hopefully this wil cause others to pull out or the tour to be cancelled. Well done Harmy :thumbsup:!
I am hoping a lot (and i mean lot) of others follow, to give this piece of rubbish even less credibility than it deserves, and our esteemed global administrators with even more egg on their faces

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's not laziness when he announces it over 2 months before the tour actually takes place. The fact that he has announced it this early and is the first to do so at least gives other players plenty of opportunity and time to join him, I hope Flintoff follows suit.

Rich2001

International Captain
a massive zebra said:
Are you sure he's not just using this as an excuse for laziness?
To be fair the guy has earnt a rest he has played in basically every single Test and ODI in the last year or so... why risk getting a injury on a worthless tour before a hard hard year of cricket with SA, Bangladesh ;) and those lovely Australians!

Well Done to Harmy and like others have said I hope a few more of the big names drop out...Except M.Vaughan! the guy will go to Zimbabwe and get into form if he likes it or not :cool:

Langeveldt

Soutie
I hope Englands entire front line of cricketers pull out, and we go along for a farcical tour where the likes of James Tredwell, Kadeer Ali, Keith Parsons and Chris Schofield pummel the Zims senseless... It would be cruelly fascinating viewing..

Rich2001

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
I hope Englands entire front line of cricketers pull out, and we go along for a farcical tour where the likes of James Tredwell, Kadeer Ali, Keith Parsons and Chris Schofield pummel the Zims senseless... It would be cruelly fascinating viewing..
Go Treadwell!, told you that you would play for England :D

It will actually be quite intresting, as during the World Cup a fair number of the players didn't want to go did they (although they never mentioned names etc).

So surely with the team still holding many of those players still (Tresco, Vaughan, Flintoff, Harmy, Gough, Collingwood etc) a fair more should be pulling out you would think unless they have all had a change of heart.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rich2001 said:
It will actually be quite intresting, as during the World Cup a fair number of the players didn't want to go did they (although they never mentioned names etc).

According to Alec Stewart's book they had a secret ballot on it.

14-0 was the result of that I believe.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
in fact if several more players pull out england might actually get a world class one day side consisting of ......

ben hutton
antony mcgrath
rikki clarke
ian blackwell
james foster (wk)
ronny irani
richard jonsohn
chris silverwood
paul sapmpson
jamesormond

world beaters i thinl u will agree.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
sledger said:
in fact if several more players pull out england might actually get a world class one day side consisting of ......

ben hutton
antony mcgrath
rikki clarke
ian blackwell
james foster (wk)
ronny irani
richard jonsohn
chris silverwood
paul sampson
jamesormond

world beaters i thinl u will agree.
where'd Sampson come from?