• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Clarke Discussion thread

In which format(s), if any, should Michael Clarke be playing for Australia?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh okay so you just wrote what Prince had written.

I read 'succeeded' as after, all good.
Ah no, hang on, I meant what had happened just after.

An innings which starts at 200-2 but sees that rapidly become 220-6 is clearly one of pretty well every bit as much value as one that starts at 30-2.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

An innings which starts at 200-2 but sees that rapidly become 220-6 is clearly one of pretty well every bit as much value as one that starts at 30-2.
Yeah again I understand mate. You wrote exactly what Prince wrote in the post above your original comment.

Good on Clarke getting 69, but I thought it was dire that he couldn't at least get a not out.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Yeah, I said that earlier:

myself said:
Several problems with that method, of course, least not the ability of wickets to fall in clumps shortly after a player arrives at the crease, but they were interesting all the same.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
98 out of 214, pretty decent effort that. Haven't read the report yet though, so there might've been let-offs.

Alysum

U19 Debutant
he handled the pressure very except for his brain explosion when he threw away his wicket and ton. nevertheless the boy is improving

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
he handled the pressure very except for his brain explosion when he threw away his wicket and ton. nevertheless the boy is improving
He was beaten on the forward defense. Don't see how that constitutes as throwing it away.

archie mac

International Coach
98 out of 214, pretty decent effort that. Haven't read the report yet though, so there might've been let-offs.
No chances, although he did edge one through where 4th slip would have been, and he played and missed a few times, but not an easy pitch

Redbacks

International Captain
A great innings, made difficult with the covers being blown off the pitch last night due to the storms in QLD. A loose shot to get out on, the ball swung in a little and a little bit of lateral movement too, gap between bat and pad too great IMO. A shame, he deserved a hundred and to perhaps carry his bat.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
That's defensive to me..... :D

Either way, we're not talking about a Warne-esque heave across the line to be caught on the boundary line, are we?
Never said it was, was a good ball that came back. With Clarke if you can get the full ball moving either way you're in with a shout, often leaves a gap/plays away from the body. Well done to him though, quality innings.