• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good a pair are Harmison and Flintoff ?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Surely by now one of the statsmongers should have produced detailed spreadsheets with information culled from the Statsguru showing a comparison between Caddick and Gough together and Flintoff and Harmison together.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was my thread starter five years ago. I dont know whether we still have the answers particularly to the second question.
First thing I thought when i saw this thread was about the new ball pair of Anderson and Flintoff and how potentially this partnership could better that of Gough and Caddick. Obviously it is all academic now given Flintoffs retirement but think it is an interesting question

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I like to think I am improving every day.

What's more, I am.

So, indeed, is most everyone.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
But you have to admit it Richard, you have improved a lot :)

Kidding.
Quite so. No improvement I can see. :ph34r:

Anyway, Caddick ended on 234 wickets, Gough 229 & Fred's tally currently stands @ 225. Can he overhaul either or indeed both in the remaining three tests?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Quite so. No improvement I can see. :ph34r:

Anyway, Caddick ended on 234 wickets, Gough 229 & Fred's tally currently stands @ 225. Can he overhaul either or indeed both in the remaining three tests?
If he doesn't break down before that, sure he will.