• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in India Thread

tooextracool

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
From what has been said on the radio Ponting has a fractured thumb and will be out for around 6 weeks.
that is bad indeed, i was hoping that hed be fit and finally prove himself in india....hopefully he recovers in time for the rest of the series.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
telsor said:
Sorry..

No TV coverage in Aus.
Yes, but what good is TV coverage of cricket to you guys?

Some of you didn't think England deserved to whup yo' ass yesterday.

(Sorry - low blow. Most unbecoming of me)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Ponting out of the first test witha broken thumb, no replacement named in the squad or captain. though surely Gilchrist will captain the side and Lehmann will be vice.

is there a need for a replacement in the squad? there are enough batsmen over there - as long as nothing else happens.

telsor

U19 12th Man
luckyeddie said:
Yes, but what good is TV coverage of cricket to you guys?

Some of you didn't think England deserved to whup yo' ass yesterday.

(Sorry - low blow. Most unbecoming of me)

One win in 5 years and the poms start to get ****y.

Don't worry, I'm sure the Aus team will be reminded of this next year should they want any extra inspiration :)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im happy to see Hodge get the call up to replace ponting, however i think clarke should get his debut, that is unless aus decide this is a good chance to play white as an extra spinner in place of kasprowicz and play watson as a batting all rounder....

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
broncoman said:
im happy to see Hodge get the call up to replace ponting, .
Desire to type cliche rising..... rising....
rising.... falling.... falling....
falling....

gone.

Waughney

International Debutant
Has to be Clarke. Proven against the spinners, proven in India, proven to be able to bowl spinners.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
And averages mean diddly-squat, don't they? Or is that only when you WANT them to mean nothing?
A long-term high average always proves a bowler substandard.
Though of course that can change.
But it's very rare for something that's been the case for three years to change.

Craig

World Traveller
Australia arrive in India today, with a three day tour match beginning against Mumbai on the 30th.

I'm surprised Australia would arrive now with a tour match such long time away. I would have thought they might have arrived with 3 or 4 days before hand, to get over jet lag, get used to the heat, and have some practice.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i saw in the paper today Lehman has flown home to be with his ill mother. wether he will play in india is unknown at this point.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
age_master said:
i saw in the paper today Lehman has flown home to be with his ill mother. wether he will play in india is unknown at this point.
If he is out it will be a big blow to Australia's chances as he would have to of been one of Gilly's helpers, also his ability to play spin. Symonds should get the re-call if he is out.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the news gets worse by the day, firstly he was hopeful to make the first test, then he was gone, def back for the 2nd, now im hearing he 50/50 for the whole series!

apparently its a similar injury to the one Marto got in the world cup, and he was out for ages....

Waughney

International Debutant
broncoman said:
the news gets worse by the day, firstly he was hopeful to make the first test, then he was gone, def back for the 2nd, now im hearing he 50/50 for the whole series!

apparently its a similar injury to the one Marto got in the world cup, and he was out for ages....
Damn it's his left (top) hand too, this could be bad....