• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in India Thread

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Spetsnatz said:
Australia 3-153 shortly before stumps.

Hayden made a belligerent 67. Wicket takers for Mumbai - Agarkar, bahutule and Kulkarni.

Things are interesting in the Bangalore game....India need 381 to beat India A
and at stumps are 0-35 with Yuvraj and Sehwag opening.
The Indians should target Matthew Hayden- he's in prolific form. He's getting lots of runs at a very good strike rate. There's always line and length.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There is - but it won't help you unless you can deliver it with more consistency than the Indian seamers typically do.
There is one way and only one way to get Matthew Hayden out cheaply consistently - swing it back at him.
Myself, I can't see anyone doing that to him in the upcoming Test-matches.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe Irfan Pathan can get the ball back in- that's what he's been doing for some time now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've never seen him swing the ball into the left-hander with conventional swing - he can do it with reverse, but that'll take 40 overs at least. Hayden will probably be 60 or 70 by then.
And left-arm-over-inswing is a little different to right-arm-over swinging it back in. Not that it isn't deadly if you can get the Yorkers in (as the Gilchrist ball at The SCG testifies) but just bowling length swinging it in from left-arm-over isn't often that effective - as isn't right-arm-over swinging it in to a right-hander.
An inswinging Yorker is a different ball!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I have not seen the replay of the Adelaide Test in a long time- how did he get out then? And in Brisbane?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Errr... let me remind myself...
Something like:
Caught slip off a Zaheer Khan outswinger; caught top-edging a sweep of Harbhajan (99); those at The 'Gabba.
Caught behind feathering Pathan, moved away a bit; caught in the ring off Nehra; those at Adelaide Oval.
For posterity, in the rest of the series:
His MCG dismissal was when he was trapped by Kumble (after scoring 136); his at The SCG were a miscue to mid-off and an edge to slip, both again off Anil Bhai.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks. Maybe clips of these dismissals can be of some use to the Indian coach, if he actually decides to work with the bowlers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In the end, Langer's problems with Agarkar didn't count for much, did they - he got off the hook at the beginning and end of the series.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
Richard said:
In the end, Langer's problems with Agarkar didn't count for much, did they - he got off the hook at the beginning and end of the series.
naah, his wicket in adelaide got the ball rolling (which was to be a pretty safe draw for both sides) and eventually won the test for india, and considering the indians havent won any other test it was responsible for drawing the series. but other than that i dont think it had much of an impact on the series really

Craig

World Traveller
What a name - Mumbai cricketer Robin Morris!

Just like Jacob Martin, Russel Arnold, Conrad Williams, Dave Johnson (I think his name is correct).

PS - can this be stickyed please?

Craig

World Traveller
Arjun said:
Thanks. Maybe clips of these dismissals can be of some use to the Indian coach, if he actually decides to work with the bowlers.
I thought that was Bruce Reid's job to work with the bowlers?

Linda

International Vice-Captain
So Marto got sick of waiting for a good ball to get him out.. what a nice fella, giving Watson a go. :p

Eclipse

International Debutant
I see Shewag has smashed 34 runs plus a no ball of an over in the India Vs India A match lol..

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
shewag 34 in an over damnnn. odds against chopra opening is good. Looks like yuvraj will be getting the call up and chops is goin down after yuvraj's century