• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

INDIAPAKISTAN UNITEDBYCRICKET Logo

isuru

Cricket Spectator
Hi all,

I'm new here.

I saw a request in another thread.

Here is the logo.

Please note that I am not very good at graphic design and am hoping to improve my skills. Any suggestions and criticisms are welcome :).

Image:

isuru

Cricket Spectator
luckyeddie said:
Couple of somewhat passionate CricketWeb members.

Regarding your design - not bad at all for a first effort.
Thank you :)

I will try to improve it as people make suggestions.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Perhaps add the flags instead of the logo of the cricket boards? That way, you symbolise that the whole nation is involved, not just the cricket players :)

isuru

Cricket Spectator
Samuel_Vimes said:
Perhaps add the flags instead of the logo of the cricket boards? That way, you symbolise that the whole nation is involved, not just the cricket players :)
That's a very good idea. I will try to do it as soon as I can.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Cheers
Isuru

FRAZ

International Captain
Once again sir . Plzz for goodness sake , Dont compare me with Wah india wah guy . Passionate I am but "In general " .... A nice banner and I think my first post in the icc thread " who is gonna win the sep 19 clash " was an absolute heartly one and it came before this thread ..

wahindiawah

Banned
Choora said:
Whats the odds on Fraza and wahIndia becomming close friends :p
Fraza?? who is Fraza? Is she Fraz's cousin? regardless of their relationship i'm more than willing to become her friend :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Isuru, brilliant banner. Only constructive criticism I can offer is that, shouldn't there be a small gap between the words 'India' and 'Pakistan' and again between the words 'United' and 'by'. Otherwise excellent. :clapping: :notworthy

Another suggestion (I don't know if that's possible) is - to have in the middle an image of two hands shaking . I believe cricket can unite people of these two great countries and a banner like this which promotes friendship between the countries can only create a greater sense of comradeship and friendship. (and showing a symbol like that could drive home the message of friendship camaraderie even more)

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The BCCI seem to like the word "goodwill" an awful lot...why not use that?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I think it looks awesome as it is. But maybe put the flags of both nations in the backdrop of the team logos to emphasize the point that the nations are united through cricket? And bat and ball seem like they were just thrown in there, not sure what I can suggest about that.

isuru

Cricket Spectator
Thanks for the criticisms and suggestions :). Some of hte suggestions are excellent, I'd never thought of them before.

I've got an assignment to do at the moment, but I'll get working on some changes hopefully over the weekend.

Cheers
Isuru

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
isuru said:
I saw a request in another thread.
It was my suggestion, and your graphic design is more than adequete.
(That's high praise from me ;) :))
Excellent banner, Zeke's are good but this being symbolic as it is is a bit more special.
Like some of the suggestions here, maybe to combine some:
The flags added, wherever, to the Cricket Board symbols: I think, because it's about cricket, that the CB logos are important, but the flags would be a nice addition. I realise we've only got a certain amount of space.
Certainly like the idea of the shaking-hands; maybe a brown India one-day glove and a green Pakistan one-day glove?
Probably asking too much but maybe a separate banner of Sachin and Inzamam? :happy: