• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

To all Cricketweb members (opinion)

masterblaster

International Captain
Hey all,
I for one am pretty dissapointed with all the "deluded" Indian fans. I too am a die hard Indian fan, (look for my avatar), have been a member of the big Cricketgames.com forum and Cricketweb.net forum for quite a while now, I am as passionate about Indian Cricket as anyone and probably more so (Ask people like Agemaster, Andre, Marc, Eclipse etc.) I also do the Indian news articles and write regular columns about Indian Cricket in Cricketweb.net but all this is getting out of hand. The number of Indian fan's that have recently joined has obviously increased, but their posts such as "Hand us the world cup", "We are gonna kill England", statements like "We are going to cruise easily to super sixes" have no base whatsoever. Just because India defeated England in the series, does NOT mean that we will defeat England, or even win anything in the future.

India is a strong team, an emerging team, but a bit of decency, sportsman spirit and optimism from its fans and new forum members also has to be shown. All you must think before you post and must look to every side of the coin. And for god sakes DON'T JINX the Indian team!!!!!! When we as Indian supporters have expected them to win on occasions, and on these very occasions they have lost and lost MISERABLY!!! So please new members just think about this.

We will see who wins the test series and indeed the world cup. And im sure most other forum members will agree with me that all this talk is getting tiring.

Thank You
Masterblaster

LankanPrince

School Boy/Girl Captain
I can't agree with you more. India look a much better side than a few years ago and have a lot of potential. Just beating England and Sri Lanka doesn't hand them over the World Cup. Despite England having improved a lot they cannot compare to the best like Australia. Sri Lanka are undergoing a bad patch of form. From 2000-early 2002 they had 9 consecutive test wins and won many ODI tournaments like Sharjah Cup. I am not boasting about them but they shouldn't be underestimated. We also have to remember about India's dismal performance against the underrated West Indies. However India still my second favourite team and I want them to do well. ;)

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
yea well said masterblaster. I think it has got out of hand in the last few days. Guys keep posting but do be sensible. India are a great team but they need to be tested against sides like AUS, SA and PAK before they are the best.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Great Post Master!!!!

If the Indian fans show a bit more grace and compassion and stopped being so arrogant(not all Indian fans..) they may actually find that people will take them alot more seriously than they are...
If you keep going the way u are, not only will you continue to be the laughing stock of the forum but u will also go very close to being banned...
And believe me if this happens u'll never find another place like this again.....
:D :D :D :D :D

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think thats the type of attitude needed by the majority of Indian fans.

Alot of Indian fans are too quick to either praise their players or trash them, well said Masterblaster, im pleased that sensibility has prevailed.

LankanPrince

School Boy/Girl Captain
Great post Masterblaster!!! :D Many cricket fans agree with your point of view.

[Edited on 7/23/02 by LankanPrince]

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let's not stigmatise them too much though, eh? We do want them to stick around after all.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Agreed.

I like people to be confrontational without being abusive, tolerant without being conciliatory (except me), opinionated without being bigoted, and above all, to have something to say which is worth saying.

anthonysw

U19 Cricketer
I agree

It does not worry me because he was not abusive. I actually like reading a thread like that sometimes. Only sometimes though. :)

If people do not like the content of a post just do not reply. Messages like that are meant to get everyone fired up. That is why I will not post a reply for most of those threads. Some ppl like to write posts that will push everyone’s buttons. And he did exactly that! ;)

I am sure Top_Cat and the rest of the Mod's will keep a close eye on things anyway.

[Edited on 7/23/02 by anthonysw]

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
What's the fuss all about ? I didn't see any Indian fans, me included, go on an abusive rant or anything of that kind.yes I do agree that there are some who would just like to declare India as the world champions right away without any rhyme or reason but then why should they be banned from posting such stuff in a message board ? If you don't like those posts, ignore them as long as they aren't abusive.What's the big deal ?

[Edited on 7/23/02 by aussie_beater]

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think that it was the 'India is going to kill the Brits' thread.

Let's say that it was an 'unfortunate' choice of words.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually my only objection to the sudden influx of fanatical Indian fans (I can't help but admire the enthusiasm) is the number of threads which essentially say the same thing. If you want to say how great India is, so be it. Confine it to one thread though, eh? Excess threads DO slow down and clog the database (well they did when I ran a forum using an Access database engine; how does the PHP one stand up, James?) and whilst this board is exceedingly fast, anything to stop that has got to be a good thing.

Other than that and any abuse, things are a-okay with me

Look who's talking , this guy "BLEWETT" is asking Indians to be less arrogant and Gracefull , when he himself has been mocking other countries legal system on this chat site!!!
Stop this India bashing, some of u guys are pathetic and have double standard.

Jeez!

MrPerko

School Boy/Girl Captain
What's this forum turning into????

First I've been to a pro-Indian thread that pizzed me off so much that I left it... now I'm in an anti-Indian one that is just people abusing the Indian supporters who were using abusive language...

That's it - I've had enough of cricket, dammit... perhaps the "Off Topic" section will clam me down a bit... :D :D

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
good post masterblaster.

When i was arguing with jaspalrana i was thinking why i didnt get any support. Now i am quite happy to see lotsa ppl have the same view as me.

Tim : what makes u think that the majority of indian fans are jingoistic ? did u read all the posts here ? stop making stupid inflammatory comments

Neil_Pickup : as a mod learn to practise some self restraint. THis is atleast the 3rd time you used the word deluded indian fans in the past week. I can use the word deluded to point to some aussie and newzee fans too..
Most of the indian fans here are very knowledgeble and civil.

Hope some of the irrational arguments both pro and con will stop and we can carry on with more discussions..

cheers

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Neil_Pickup : as a mod learn to practise some self restraint. THis is atleast the 3rd time you used the word deluded indian fans in the past week. I can use the word deluded to point to some aussie and newzee fans too..
It was being used to bracket a group of supporters, hence the use of the quotes around it. I was also following on from its use by masterblaster in the first post. Nothing unrestrained there.

As for Tim, the key word is majority. It seems like about 6 out of 10 fall into "this" category (I can't find any word for it that fits without stirring, so I'll just use "this"..) - that's a majority. There are quite clearly those who are rational, and yes, there are a few deluded Aussies/NZ. If you'd been here about two months ago, we have banned Aussies for abuse (especially of Muralitharan..)