Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rest of India v Mumbai

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Rest of India v Mumbai

This looks like a pretty big domestic game (from Sep 22-26 at Mohali) coming up in India, ahead of the Australian tour.

Teams:
    Rest of India
    1 Aakash Chopra, 2 Gautam Gambhir, 3 Dheeraj Jadhav, 4 Dinesh Mongia (capt), 5 Sridharan Sriram, 6 Ambati Rayudu, 7 Parthiv Patel (wk), 8 Murali Kartik, 9 Shiv Shankar Paul, 10 Zaheer Khan, 11 Yogesh Golwalkar, 12 Venugopal Rao, 13 Joginder Sharma, 14 Siddharth Trivedi

Mumbai
    1 Wasim Jaffer, 2 Vinayak Mane, 3 Vinod Kambli, 4 Amol Muzumdar, 5 Bhavin Thakkar, 6 Vinayak Samant (wk), 7 Sairaj Bahutule (capt), 8 Ramesh Powar, 9 Robin Morris, 10 Avishkar Salvi, 11 Munaf Patel, 12 Vineet Indulkar, 13 Nilesh Kulkarni, 14 Swapnil Hazare, 15 Rohit Sharma

Anyone there (apart from those who have already played tests) to watch out for ?
    In 1995, 16 commandos of the GRU Spetsnatz went
    head to head against 16 US ARMY Rangers in Alaska in ten tests of physical strength and endurance.
    Final Result: Spetsnatz 9 US Army Rangers 1

RIP Vladimir Belyanov (d December 24 1942) Tamanskaya Division (Taman Guards) - Pitomnik Airfield, Stalingrad

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    sorry dude, im confused... you have no tendulkar, dravid, etc. there, yet you have players who will (should be) selected for the indian squad i.e. chopra, khan, patel, plus a few maybes.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden
    sorry dude, im confused... you have no tendulkar, dravid, etc. there, yet you have players who will (should be) selected for the indian squad i.e. chopra, khan, patel, plus a few maybes.

If Sachin Tendulkar's elbow recovers in time, I'd be very surprised if he didn't turn out for Mumbai in this game.

International Debutant SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    theres no chance he'll be playing again by then, even if his treatment is a 100% success.

U19 Debutant
    if chopra can have a good game i think his position would be pretty safe (with yuvraj's form(or lack of it) and all).
    pathans place in the side is fixed but none of the others (bala, nehra, agarkar,zaheer(to an extent)) are any good. i'm hoping(no hype) salvi and munaf can do a better job than this lot.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spetsnatz
    If Sachin Tendulkar's elbow recovers in time, I'd be very surprised if he didn't turn out for Mumbai in this game.
    I heard he could be in doubt of even making the Aussie series?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raj123
    if chopra can have a good game i think his position would be pretty safe (with yuvraj's form(or lack of it) and all).
    I for one certainly hope so - he has a good partnership going with Sehwag, and it gives the Indian line-up a lot more solid feel IMO.

Of course, SRT's injury may mean he's in anyway with Yuvraj in the middle order.

Banned
    Well, I 'll be cheering for Mumbai...didn't know Munaf played for Mumbai!

If anyone out there so enthu. like me can capture the game on PC via DD, can distribute for those around the World

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    I for one certainly hope so - he has a good partnership going with Sehwag, and it gives the Indian line-up a lot more solid feel IMO.

Of course, SRT's injury may mean he's in anyway with Yuvraj in the middle order.
    yuvraj to face warne..... that would be a weak link for sure

Yuvraj does not deserve a place in either the Test or the ODI side. Even Pathan can bat better than him now. They can choose Sridharan Sriram instead, he's more seasoned, and can play spin a lot better.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

The Mumbai team is quite good...no complaints about that. I only hope Agarkar does not have a good game- he's had too many free rides.

As for Rest... there are too many players here not good enough to make an Indian team. Chopra and Gambhir should have a good game, and should edge out Sehwag and Patel. Hmmm...why Patel? The new keeper, Dinesh, is a lot better, and he's not too bad a batsman- he's better! How many chances will Murali Karthik get? He just goes for way too many runs between wickets! And who's this Yogesh? Clearly, this is a shady selction, probably to get some reservation for Central Zone, but why wasn't JP Yadav picked? He's an all-rounder and a lot more seasoned than this Yogesh.

The timing of this match is atrocious. A lot of the Indian team's best players are in England, and the quality will be lacking. This is an age-old problem with Indian domestic cricket- the national players hardly ever play in the domestic matches, even when they're out of form, and back home, there are some very consistent players, who hardly get a game for India.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun
    Yuvraj does not deserve a place in either the Test or the ODI side. Even Pathan can bat better than him now. They can choose Sridharan Sriram instead, he's more seasoned, and can play spin a lot better.
    Sridharan Sriram if he doesn't play a Test for India will probably go down as one of the better players not to play Test cricket for India.

At this stage it is likely that a spot is opening up, for him or Yuvraj to get a spot, hhowever, only as a fill-in for Tendulkar.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

At this stage it is likely that a spot is opening up, for him or Yuvraj to get a spot, hhowever, only as a fill-in for Tendulkar.
    Sriram should walk in, but Yuvraj has to have a very superior Champions Tropht to get into the Test team- he should not be considered on present form.

I think Yuvraj would get in on his form v Pakistan earlier this year.

State Vice-Captain aussie_beater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun
    Yuvraj does not deserve a place in either the Test or the ODI side. Even Pathan can bat better than him now.
    what are you smoking ? can you back that statement up that Pathan is better then Yuvraj as a batsman ? First of all we are talking about the Aus series which is a test series. Yuvraj as far as I remember had a pretty decent test series last time he played in Pakistan, and he has played only 4 matches and BTW he averages 51. In ODIs his last 50 came in the Asia Cup(and that was not eons ago). He has failed in the matches since, but that's been only 6 matches after that. yes he is on a lean patch in ODIs lately, but we are mostly talking about selection in the context of the Aus series which is a test only series. but could you please enlighten us on the batting accomplishments of Pathan that make him better then Yuvraj.
    Flames are welcome, but beware of the *Backdraft *

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information