• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The beast of Ambush marketing

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
OK, against basic human rights.

Oh, so you and Halsey understand?

It's very very bad.
Thanks for the explaination in real words, rather than all that 'infringement of civil liberties' or summat like.

Doesn't Halsey go to posh school? He should understand fine

steds

Hall of Fame Member
He told me he goes to "one of the top grammar schools in England"

Now forgive me, but that's posher than Rainford High

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
steds said:
He told me he goes to "one of the top grammar schools in England"

Now forgive me, but that's posher than Rainford High
Haven't seen too many Grammars then, have you?

Slow Love™

International Captain
I nearly came to fisticuffs with a cafe owner a few months ago when I went up to order something with a take-away juice in my hand, and he told me to get out. Not even "we won't serve you", just "get out - that's not one of our juices, and we won't let you have that on the premises" - all because they had their own juices and it was a competitors.

And that's not half as egregious as what the ICC and other sporting and entertainment bodies are pulling.

Mark my words - no, even better, read them. This trademark violation/digital copyright/ambush marketing crap will be the battleground of the 21st century - the DMCA is already in the works to be foisted upon us in Australia with the USA Free Trade Agreement.

And in the 22nd century, we'll face the Cylons. And we'll win.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
I'll ignore that dross about being correct on the second part.
Thought you are Welsh and support Yorkshire? Why do you care about Geordies?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
steds said:
Thought you are Welsh and support Yorkshire? Why do you care about Geordies?
Born in Wales to Welsh parents, lived in Yorkshire from 3 months to just before my 6th birthday. Moved to Morpeth (near Newcastle-Upon-Tyne for anyone who doesn't know) until just before my 11th birthday and have so far moved to 5 houses in Exeter.