• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

goldie bowling

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I haven't seen it, but I don't care if its a crazy action. If it brings wickets then let him bowl like that.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry I didn't see the picture load.

lol that photo was taken 6 or 7 years ago, it will be interesting to see if he still bowls like he used to.

Kimbo

International Debutant
I haven't seen it, but I don't care if its a crazy action. If it brings wickets then let him bowl like that.
true true.
i agree, but it cant be too smooth eh? maybe the biomechanical team can help him out, cos no doubt he could send the ball down fairly swift

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I personally don't see anything biomechanically wrong with his action in that photo. His back is straight, he's fully front-on (not half-way), his feet are in the correct positions and he seems to be powering through the crease quite well.

I don't see the problem. Having said that, I haven't seen him bowl in motion so maybe there are other parts of his delivery stride in question. But according to that photo he seems fine.

Kimbo

International Debutant
i spose he is biomechanically fine but look how high his front leg is when he has already got the other planted.
it seems wrong, i dunno just looks odd.
the first thing i thought when i saw the pic is "what the ****?"

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i spose he is biomechanically fine but look how high his front leg is when he has already got the other planted.
it seems wrong, i dunno just looks odd.
the first thing i thought when i saw the pic is "what the ****?"
Check out Carl Rackemann for someone who REALLY had their front-foot high. Mind you, he had a lot of back injuries because of it. Patrick Patterson was pretty bad too. And how about Shaun Pollock in the early days!!

Mind you, Glenn McGrath and others like him don't have especially high front feet. It depends on where you concentrate on getting your pace from. With Glenn McGrath it's all in his arms, Brett Lee his arms and shoulders and Waqar, shoulders and back. It just depends I guess.

Kimbo

International Debutant
well, was a double international for nz. he has played both cricket and rugby for nz. more notably rugby (one of the best wings ever). he only played a few games of cricket for nz when he was younger, then chose rugby as his sport. he has now retired from rugby to play cricket again. he is about 27 or 28 now.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought that it was an action replay of the streaker at Lords many years ago (the one who nearly caught his, er, thingy on the wicket). It's basically the same 'hurdling' action.

Then I looked again and saw that he was wearing clothes (other than just a policeman's helmet :D :D)

If the front leg had been straighter, it could have been Graham Dilley.