• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

W A N K E R S

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenway

Banned
Hu Thinks That He Mods Of This Site Are W A N K E R S ??

I Think They All Maggie Thatcher Brigade A S S H O L E S

ReallyCrazy

Banned
I don't want to call any names...but I do think that the mods are not doing a good job. They seem to close any thread which they don't like.

For example, my thread "Ganguly's achievements" was closed for no reason just because one of the mods felt he'd had enough.

Another thread which was closed for no reason was the "Warne and Murali issue" thread.

All this is driving me away from cw more and more....hence very less posts from me compared to before.....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ReallyCrazy said:
I don't want to call any names...but I do think that the mods are not doing a good job. They seem to close any thread which they don't like.
They are always closed for a reason.

ReallyCrazy said:
For example, my thread "Ganguly's achievements" was closed for no reason just because one of the mods felt he'd had enough.
So it had nothing to do with preventing a flame war from the extremely abusive post then?

ReallyCrazy said:
Another thread which was closed for no reason was the "Warne and Murali issue" thread.
There was plenty of reason - duplicate thread for one thing!
And racism another.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
marc71178 said:
They are always closed for a reason.
Yeah they were always closed for a reason. The reason being, Moderator Mr. X did not like so and so topic. It didn't matter what others felt.

So it had nothing to do with preventing a flame war from the extremely abusive post then?
There was just one extremely abusive post. No need to close an entire thread because of that. That particular post could have been deleted.

There was plenty of reason - duplicate thread for one thing!
And racism another.
It was not a duplicate thread. It was not discussing who was better between Murali and Warne. Instead, it was a discussion on the basis/criteria for selection of Warne over Murali.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ReallyCrazy said:
Yeah they were always closed for a reason. The reason being, Moderator Mr. X did not like so and so topic. It didn't matter what others felt.
Erm no, there's more to it than that.

ReallyCrazy said:
There was just one extremely abusive post. No need to close an entire thread because of that. That particular post could have been deleted.
And you think it would stop at one post from that member?

ReallyCrazy said:
It was not a duplicate thread. It was not discussing who was better between Murali and Warne. Instead, it was a discussion on the basis/criteria for selection of Warne over Murali.

It was racism, and Murali and Warne threads are duplicates.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
a massive zebra said:
Yes ReallyCrazy I also find it frustrating.
What, moderators doing their jobs?

This forum has very, very few threads closed compared to most other forums.

a massive zebra

International Captain
No, moderators closing interesting threads that have, or are likely to, stimulate intelligent converstion.

P.S. I have no problems with the conduct of moderators such as Top Cat, James, Rich2001 and Mr Mxyzptlk.

Status
Not open for further replies.