• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moin khan should just go!

Choora

State Regular
What is the guy doing in the team? Can't manage a catch, nor can he bat, the guy is simply past his best.

Doesn't Pak has any young promissing WK comming up? is the situation so grim? (btw Kamran Akmal is CRAP) I suggest In such a case Pak should just ask Younis Khan to keep wickets.He's not much of a batsman but if he comes good behind the stumps, he might just be able to maintain his place in the team.

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
Chooray "Wanakum", "Just wondering by your post , Which country do you usually follow in cricket " . No answer comes in my mind by judging your post but this question arises rapidly .

Choora

State Regular
FRAZ said:
Chooray "Wanakum", "Just wondering by your post , Which country do you usually follow in cricket " . No answer comes in my mind by judging your post but this question arises rapidly .

I Just follow cricket irrespective of the nationality of the teams.

As far as supporting the team is concerned, i can tell you as 2 which team i don't really support, but i'm pretty much sure that you knows that already!

*cheers*

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Choora said:
What is the guy doing in the team? Can't manage a catch, nor can he bat, the guy is simply past his best.

Doesn't Pak has any young promissing WK comming up? is the situation so grim? (btw Kamran Akmal is CRAP) I suggest In such a case Pak should just ask Younis Khan to keep wickets.He's not much of a batsman but if he comes good behind the stumps, he might just be able to maintain his place in the team.
Younis Khan is IMO nowhere near good enough to play ODI cricket especially.
Moin Khan is only 33, not many people have become substandard at that age.
I've not personally heard of any crucial chances he's fluffed.

FRAZ

International Captain
deeps said:
i think you'll find it's vanakkam!
Sorry if wrong Cuz I just knew how to say it but was'nt sure how to write it . I meant to welcome in a good way and thats it . and some people even have problem with that . Pathetic .

Choora

State Regular
Richard said:
Moin Khan is only 33, not many people have become substandard at that age.
I've not personally heard of any crucial chances he's fluffed.

I guess by the same token Waqar and Anwar should also have been playing cricket.

AS for the dropped chances, better stop hearing things and start watching cricket!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, I'm very sorry for having TV stations that don't show every Pakistan Test and ODI! I watch what I can but I can't watch what isn't on. However, I do keep my eyes and ears open and usually wicketkeepers receive biting criticism that transcends the cricket World when they make pivotal mistakes.
Waqar's economy had been very poor for the 2 year period before he was dropped. Anwar, meanwhile, would almost certainly still be playing if he hadn't had all the problems with injury that he did, plus the tragic death of his daughter.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Choora said:
I guess by the same token Waqar and Anwar should also have been playing cricket.

AS for the dropped chances, better stop hearing things and start watching cricket!
far crack of the whip choora, not everyone can know as much as you.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
As much as I have loved Moin Khan for the past decade, I really do think its time for Pakistan to try out new WK to replace him. The match against India in Asia Cup, he had the chance to send their last batsman back to the pavillion twice in the last over, but he missed the potential run outs both times, allowing India to obtain the bonus point. That game made me wonder about him.

As for the reason he is still playing for the team, Pakistan has only one real experienced player in their at the moment, namely Inzi. But they could always use him as a coach or something.

BTW, how has Latif's performance been in the last games that he played in?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
nightprowler10 said:
As much as I have loved Moin Khan for the past decade, I really do think its time for Pakistan to try out new WK to replace him. The match against India in Asia Cup, he had the chance to send their last batsman back to the pavillion twice in the last over, but he missed the potential run outs both times, allowing India to obtain the bonus point. That game made me wonder about him.

As for the reason he is still playing for the team, Pakistan has only one real experienced player in their at the moment, namely Inzi. But they could always use him as a coach or something.

BTW, how has Latif's performance been in the last games that he played in?
surely your decision should be based on more than one incident?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
The incident was a very costly one, no doubt. Which should make Pakistan aware of the fact that they need to try out newer WKs. But you misunderstood me. I didn't mean to say that he should be replaced right away, but there should be a replacement ready to fill in for Khan that is god enough to fill his shoes. From before WC 92, all Ive ever seen is Lateef and Khan, nobody else really gets a chance in ODIs, except for when one of those were unable to play.

BTW: Nobody answered my Lateef question, he was, IMO, a better WK than Khan, although a worse batsman.

pakster

U19 12th Man
i would like to see kamran akmal be given a shot, hes a decent keeper and although his batting leaves a lot to be desired - im sure he'll improve with experience.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
nightprowler10 said:
As for the reason he is still playing for the team, Pakistan has only one real experienced player in their at the moment, namely Inzi.
Youhana? Shoaib?

Choora

State Regular
Nnanden said:
far crack of the whip choora, not everyone can know as much as you.

But the ignorants have the choice of first getting the info and then comming up with statements!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shoaib has played a lot of games.
He is very experienced.
He might seem to bowl in a way that suggests otherwise sometimes (at times he really does seem to lose his head - and inevitably his direction - with the ball in his hand, something he should have known for a long, long time not to do).