• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the world XI's

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Raj123 said:
supreme accuracy ....pathan..... :wacko:
Well at times he's bowled with extraordinary accuracy, at times he's sprayed it spectacularly even by Indian standards.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Forgive me, I do think I've heard the term sometime, but would a definition be too much to ask for us sieve-memoirés?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
Forgive me, I do think I've heard the term sometime, but would a definition be too much to ask for us sieve-memoirés?
Sorry, Richard.

An iconoclast is a destroyer of images - usually associated with the smashing of religious idols, but sometimes it's a term attributed to anyone who opposes the veneration of anything or even one who attacks settled beliefs.

Probably more a ducky term than anything else (except when dealing with you-know-who, because I'm just so tired of the whole exercise yet my personal pedantry won't allow him the last word, such is my lack of respect and utter contempt for the person concerned)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
Sorry, Richard.

An iconoclast is a destroyer of images - usually associated with the smashing of religious idols, but sometimes it's a term attributed to anyone who opposes the veneration of anything or even one who attacks settled beliefs.
So it could be applied to me, then?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
So it could be applied to me, then?
I would have thought that 'Quixotic' would be more your line - you tend to tilt at windmills. At the moment, I'm not sure whether you truly believe them to be giants or not - only time will tell.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
luckyeddie said:
I would have thought that 'Quixotic' would be more your line - you tend to tilt at windmills. At the moment, I'm not sure whether you truly believe them to be giants or not - only time will tell.
Wow.

Is that the first ever allusion to Cervantes on cricketweb?!?!

Hats off for raising the tone, sir! ;)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
Wow.

Is that the first ever allusion to Cervantes on cricketweb?!?!

Hats off for raising the tone, sir! ;)
Thank you, sir.
How nice to be paid a civil compliment on here, as opposed to having some antipodean oik rattling his manacles in one's face.

(please note, Aussies - that is a joke aimed at just one of your brethren. The rest of you are quite ok wearing your handcuffs)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
luckyeddie said:
Sorry, Richard.

Probably more a ducky term than anything else (except when dealing with you-know-who, because I'm just so tired of the whole exercise yet my personal pedantry won't allow him the last word, such is my lack of respect and utter contempt for the person concerned)
What's Voldemort got to do with anything? :wacko: