Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Salim Malik to appeal life ban

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!

Salim Malik to appeal life ban

Malik challenges life ban in a Pakistani court

Pakistan's former captain Salim Malik is seeking to overturn a life ban, imposed on him two years ago for alleged match-fixing.

His lawyer said a petition had been filed in Pakistan's Supreme Court in the hope of clearing his name.

Australian players Mark Waugh, Shane Warne and Tim May had alleged that Malik offered them bribes during the Pakistan tour of the 1994-95.

Malik was banned on the recommendation of Lahore High Court Judge Malik Mohammed Qayyum, following a match-fixing inquiry in 1999.

Malik had filed a petition against life ban in May, but it was rejected by the Lahore High Court.

The Supreme Court is likely to hear Malik's petition in August when it returns from summer holidays.

Source : Ananova

Ed's opinion - If his ban is lifted, it will be a scandal.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

This guy has to be kidding...

He was worse than Hansie....
    and they knocked him back...

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    He's a cheat. No two ways about it. Lift the ban and a lot of people will lose a lot of faith in Cricket.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Exactly right Neil...

And lets go back and remember who was the guy that started the whole thing back when Warney and Junior dobbed him in.....

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Yup put him out of cricket for a long long time ,,, for ever !!

and to think hes still got a lot of respect around
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Tim
    haha this story just makes me laugh.
    Only in Pakistan.

yea.. gee... who the hell does he think he is?
    life's a gift thats why they call it the present

State Vice-Captain aussie_beater's Avatar
    he can appeal all he wants....who gives a damn.He ain't coming back.
    Flames are welcome, but beware of the *Backdraft *

Thats what we say but the **** courts could say differently, and knowing them they will...

U19 Cricketer
    haha this story just makes me laugh.
    Only in Pakistan.
    what an stupid comment..

i am not a lover of pakistan. Yeah their handling of the allegations against wasim akram was horrible and smacks of conspiracy.

But it is not like the rest of the world is so clean..

how abt two gentlemen names warne and waugh ? ACTUALLY ACCPETING money for weather forecast (hehe).

how abt chris lewis alleging that there is match fixing in england but the resulting investigation was not given the full treatment.

how abt the so righteous protests that hansie was too clean to be even accused off and the born again christian crap they spewed before he accepted his guilt ?

get over it already...
    "We've been doubling sales every 18 months. However, when you start from zero, it takes a long while." -- Stephen Yeo, a marketing director at Windows-terminal manufacturer Wyse, explaining his company's less-than-meteoric rise, to ZDNet UK

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Actually its only in Aus that two cheats in Waugh and Warney got away.All that pitch info and Weather forecast was rubbish, cover up by ACB.
    Salim have the right to appeal, that a different thing that he will only face dissapointment!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Actually its only in Aus that two cheats in Waugh and Warney got away.All that pitch info and Weather forecast was rubbish, cover up by ACB.
    Proof before such libellous claims? I thought not.

Both were idiots for taking the money, no doubt. But until I see proof otherwise (and I have some friends from my junior rep cricket days who WOULD know), what you saw in the news was what happened. In fact, as I understand it, the only question was in how much money they really took. There were several rumours but nothing substantive came of it.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

There was more to that story then just pitch and weather info, the pitch in subcontinent was flat, the weather was hot, no one is gonna pay u just for that.

There are a no of players that got away coz of lack of evidence, the above mentioned two were among tham!

U19 Cricketer
    Proof before such libellous claims? I thought not.

Both were idiots for taking the money, no doubt. But until I see proof otherwise (and I have some friends from my junior rep cricket days who WOULD know), what you saw in the news was what happened. In fact, as I understand it, the only question was in how much money they really took. There were several rumours but nothing substantive came of it.

riiight...what do u need ? video tapes of them takin the money ?

lets see...a indian bookie...two cricketers..get paid for what ? yeah weather forecast. certainly.

And the two innocent cricketers decide some nice christmas money for harmless weather info.

Meanwhile they go to act like malik was a serial rapist while they are absolutely clean.

Meanwhile the self righteous aussie board decides their innocent lil act is not in the best interest and fines the two outstanding gentlemen

Oh and this insignificant act is buried coz..well u can blame them right..two gentlemen who graced cricket cant be blamed..

ANd meanwhile they preach abt cricket, chucking and call malik names.

It takes some one to actually REVEAL it to the world.

Yeah smacks of absolute innocence and the whole world conspires to slur their names...yeah riiight

[Edited on 7/22/02 by scorpio]

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    There was more to that story then just pitch and weather info, the pitch in subcontinent was flat, the weather was hot, no one is gonna pay u just for that.
    Pure speculation. As I said, for such libellous claims, let's see some proof. If you have none, you'd best keep thy trap firmly SHUT.

There are a no of players that got away coz of lack of evidence, the above mentioned two were among tham!
    Yeah that whole innocent until proven guilty thing sure stuffed things up. Why let the evidence get in the way of a good witch-hunt, eh?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information